Introducing Sister Sierra Brooksby...

Hello my beautiful Brothers and Sisters!
I am Sister Sierra Brooksby! I suppose it's that time... Time to write and introduction and tell you all about myself. To be honest, theres a lot to say about me! I suppose the thing you'd want to know though, is where I am serving and when! I will be reporting to the Provo MTC On December 30th, 2015. I will be serving in the Seoul Korea South mission. It's a very exciting call for me and I'm totally pumped to share the gospel with my Korean friends!
For more information about all my adventures, keep up on my lovely blog which will, with great hope, be weekly maintained by my gorgeous mother. So you all soon! ;) Stay strong!

Here is the address you can write a letter to me:
MTC
Sister Sierra Brooksby Mar01-Kor-seos
2005 North 900 East Unit 8 Provo Utah 84602

Mission Address: (After March)
Sister Sierra Brooksby
Korea Seoul South Mission
29 wiryeseong-daero 22-gil songpa-gu Seoul
teukbyeolsi 05655 South Korea




Sunday, March 26, 2017

Emergency!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!................................................Transfer? 9/11/16

Hey everyone!!
Its been a great week, as per the norm. I'm sure you are all curious about the title, so I'll be sure to make you wait as long as possible to get the answer.
First off, Monday was not pday! We had the opportunity to go to the Temple on Thursday, so Monday was a normal day, except that we emailed. Anyway, on Monday we went sticker boarding with the Elders! Twas fun. We got to see/meet a lot of new people and get some numbers. Good times. It was funny because as we were doing it Elder Young looked behind me and said "Look, there's Sam!" And I looked to see our American investigator walking in our direction! We were very happy to see her, its been a few weeks since we've met her. She came and gave Sister Park and I a hug and then, to the dismay of the poor Elder Young she gave him one as well! After she left he just kept saying "So weird... That was so weird...." And shaking his head. 
We had our last English evaluation for Sister Park on Tuesday. She is happy to have it over with! It was good for her though. After, we headed to Suwon for exchanges! Sister Park went to Singal with Sister Gil and I went to our area with the one, the only, Sister Tuaputa!!!! MTC Companion!!!!! Woo!!!! It was grand fun to be back together again! We had quite the reunion meeting over the course of 24 hours. I've been officially all caught up on her life stuffs!! It was a blast :)
After we exchanged back we had English class. A member brought food to have a going away party for Sister Park because we all knew she would be going to America on Tuesday. What we didn't know, was what I found out at the temple the next day.
We were waiting to be called up to get ready, when President Turner came up to me and said something to the effect of "Sister Brooksby, you'll be leaving Pyeongtaek. I think I know where you will go, but I will confirm in the temple today. What you need to know is that you are for sure leaving, so pack your bags." Well gee!!! That was unexpected! So, with this information in mind I had a really great time in the temple. We did baptisms for the dead and a temple session. It was great to do baptisms again! I thought a lot about old memories of my families weekly trips to do baptisms and how much I loved it!!
We spent the day shopping after that, then we headed home and Sister Park was down with a fever. I think I gave it to her >.< 
President had told me he would call that night, but he texted me later saying he would call after we finish studies. So as we headed to Zone training I got a call from president. He informed me I would be going to serve in the Incheon 2nd ward, and my new companion will be another Sister Park! 2 Sister Parks in a row. And we are 4/4 on Korean companions in the field! I wonder if I will ever serve with an American? It was funny because I said "Wow, another Korean companion." And President (because he is newish) said "You've had other Korean companions?" To which I responded "I've had nothing BUT Korean companions!" He thought that was interesting. XD 
I'm going to replace a sister who is going home sick. She was my first STL and I'm really sad to see her go. :,(
Aannnnyyyway!
Sister Park gave a "farewell talk" at ZT which is usually what you do when you finish your mission, but they asked her to do it because she's leaving our mission. It was cute haha. She got up and said "I'm not going home!" XD 
After ZT We had a Zone Language study! We separated into 2 classes, English, Korean, and Korean advanced. I was asked last week to be a teacher. I taught the advanced class. Twas fun! I taught them about Pronunciation and intonation, and we mostly just laughed a lot. Although someone failed to tell me that the APs would be at our ZT that day, and that consequentially one of them would be joining our class... XD It was good though, we had the most fun. 
Saturday was busy! We had a lot of meetings with members, an RC, and an investigator. We played lots of games, and talked a lot, and were late half the time XD Its really hard to meet with more than 3 or 4 people in this area because it takes 30-50 minutes to get from one place to the next!
Yesterday was our last Sunday here. Sister Park bore her testimony in sacrament, and all the members chewed me out later because I didn't. I was also scolded severely for daring to leave them. I felt the love hehe. I really do love this area, and I learned a lot here. It's a bittersweet farewell, but I really look forward to the future! 
We met with a member that night. Their son is awesome, and absolutely LOVES Pokemon. He's waiting not so patiently for Pokemon Go to come out here and until then can't stop talking about it. He's never really played any Pokemon games, so at the dinner appointment I told him about a magical little thing called an "Emulator" that he could put on his phone.
I am officially his favorite missionary ever.
As we left he just kept saying "I know God answered my prayers! I've been praying that I could play Pokemon, and he answered my prayers! It was a miracle today." It was very cute. He's a solid kid, and when he isn't thinking solely about Pokemon a legit member missionary. I love their family.
In other news, our house feels so empty! We are cleaning everything out and leaving today! 
Exciting things are ahead!!! 

Love you all!!

No comments:

Post a Comment