Introducing Sister Sierra Brooksby...

Hello my beautiful Brothers and Sisters!
I am Sister Sierra Brooksby! I suppose it's that time... Time to write and introduction and tell you all about myself. To be honest, theres a lot to say about me! I suppose the thing you'd want to know though, is where I am serving and when! I will be reporting to the Provo MTC On December 30th, 2015. I will be serving in the Seoul Korea South mission. It's a very exciting call for me and I'm totally pumped to share the gospel with my Korean friends!
For more information about all my adventures, keep up on my lovely blog which will, with great hope, be weekly maintained by my gorgeous mother. So you all soon! ;) Stay strong!

Here is the address you can write a letter to me:
MTC
Sister Sierra Brooksby Mar01-Kor-seos
2005 North 900 East Unit 8 Provo Utah 84602

Mission Address: (After March)
Sister Sierra Brooksby
Korea Seoul South Mission
29 wiryeseong-daero 22-gil songpa-gu Seoul
teukbyeolsi 05655 South Korea




Sunday, March 26, 2017

Winter is "Fashionably Late" to the Seasons Party 1/16/17

Hello~~~~~~~~ Welcome to the party!
Yes, winter is a little late, but nevertheless it has come! It came, then it left for a bit, but I'm sure it will come back because it wants the party favors. Which means it will probably be back for the end of the party, just in time for Spring. XD 
Anyway, this week was great! And awesome! :) On Monday after p-day we met with our investigator we haven't met for a while and talked with her about fasting! We read a scripture with her about it and she proceeded to tell us that she had been thinking about fasting recently and wanted to try it but wasn't sure how and didn't quite have all the motivation she needed, but as we explained she asked very earnestly how she could do it! So we fasted with her this Sunday! It was really great! 
On Tuesday a sister said she'd like to come to our English class with her kids, but on the way she got lost trying to find it, so we ran around outside for about 20 minutes trying to find her to help her get to the church and couldn't! So we went back because we had to start class soon, but the sister ended up finding it alright. :D We have also discovered, if you'd like to teach a child a foreign language, the best way to help them memorize words is to play "Duck, duck, goose" and substitute "duck" and "goose" with the words you want them to learn. It works wonders! 
Wow, besides that I feel like I don't have much to talk about! This week was all kind of just normal. I had a fun time going to the doctors to get my blood pressure checked and the doctor was trying to speak to me in English. Valiant soul. 
We also had a fun time this week just walking around, visiting members and less actives. At one time we went to a villa where the address was, but didn't have a room number (this happens a lot XD) so we just start at the top of the villa and knock on every door asking for the person we are looking for. Usually nothing happens. No one is home, or they say it isnt the right house, so I was surprised when we knocked on a door and the person inside said "Yes, this is his house!" Turns out he didn't live there, but we were able to meet his mom and get her number, so that was sweet! The only problem is, I forgot to write down the room number after we left. 
He. He. He.
가가호호!!!!
Besides all that, mission life is great! I have been learning a lot recently. This morning I was studying and pondering and got on the subject of becoming humble through finding joy in the success of others! I felt that a lot of peace of mind and heart will come as we seek to build others and find joy in their success we can be happy all the time! It so much more fun to live as we build each other and as each and every success adds to the joys of the kingdom of God! I think that as we do so humility will also follow, because we want others to do as well as, or better than we are! That's my thought for the week. I love you all!! Keep doing awesome things, and tell me about them, so I can joy with you as well!!! 

Love, Christ, because I am His representative. :

No comments:

Post a Comment