Introducing Sister Sierra Brooksby...

Hello my beautiful Brothers and Sisters!
I am Sister Sierra Brooksby! I suppose it's that time... Time to write and introduction and tell you all about myself. To be honest, theres a lot to say about me! I suppose the thing you'd want to know though, is where I am serving and when! I will be reporting to the Provo MTC On December 30th, 2015. I will be serving in the Seoul Korea South mission. It's a very exciting call for me and I'm totally pumped to share the gospel with my Korean friends!
For more information about all my adventures, keep up on my lovely blog which will, with great hope, be weekly maintained by my gorgeous mother. So you all soon! ;) Stay strong!

Here is the address you can write a letter to me:
MTC
Sister Sierra Brooksby Mar01-Kor-seos
2005 North 900 East Unit 8 Provo Utah 84602

Mission Address: (After March)
Sister Sierra Brooksby
Korea Seoul South Mission
29 wiryeseong-daero 22-gil songpa-gu Seoul
teukbyeolsi 05655 South Korea




Sunday, March 26, 2017

Back So Soon? 11/7/16

Its the feeling of the week.
Hello family and friends!!! Whats up all my party people?!
Its November! What the heck??!?! 3 days till my birthday, 48 days till Christmas! What the heck happened to time?!?!?!?!?
Well! Remember how I told you about the Halloween party last week? Well we did it, and it turned out great! Lots more people came than expected, and we had a super fun time!!! I was a ghost in the ghost house and I scared a lot of people and 'felt bad' about it after. It was actually really fun. XD 
My companion was sick this week, so on Tuesday we stayed at home so she could rest and update the records for the new sisters who will come into our area. Twas a lot of sitting on the floor and writing. Not my favorite part of missionary work, but hey, it'll be good for the new sisters! He he. Records. Not fun, but needed. We can't ever be lazy about it. I've opened an area, I know how hard it is. :P
We had our zone training on Wednesday. It was funny because my future companion, Sister An gave the training! I got to watch and be like "That's going to be me in a month." Because we will give the December training together. :) Super fun. 
 Part of my letter to president: "We met with an investigator this week for our last lesson- last because we were transferring, and last because we dropped her. She is super nice, loves missionaries, etc. But she wouldn't accept commitments and such. She was willing to learn information, but not willing to learn with the spirit. Dropping her was a very good experience. We were able to understand and help each other to understand our role and explain exactly what we were offering her."
Its a sad, but needed thing. We had to say goodbye to our investigator, but we can put her safely in the Lords hands and trust His timing for her.
Friday was my last full day in Incheon 2nd ward. It already feels like ages ago. We went to meet and eat with a member, but when we got there she sat us down, paid, and left quickly saying her daughter broke her finger! So my companion and I just got to eat a bunch of meat. It was fun ahah but both of us were like "Well... okay..." 
We had a meeting to coordinate English class. Sister Park and I were leaving the next day though, so we just kind of sat and listened thinking "None of this applies to me, why am I here?" and at the end our district leader said "I was going to have a surprise going away party for you guys, but I didn't have time or money to buy yummy stuff. So we won't have a party. Woo." And that was that. But we did pass our planners around and write notes in each others planners. Elder Kim drew a picture of what I looked like when I was a ghost and wrote "Please don't do that again." Because it really freaked him and the other 3 Elders out a lot. Hahaha. >:)
Saturday we transferred! Twas an adventure! Its great to be in a new area! And I've been here a few times for various activities so it didn't feel all that unfamiliar. We ended up walking a lot and heading to visit LA members. 
Sunday we had stake conference, and since I stayed in the same stake I got to see all the Incheon 2nd ward members! And my previous companion also stayed in the same stake too! I saw her and said "Long time no see!" And she said " I saw you yesterday, it hasn't been that long." I think she took it literally. XD haah 
I will tell you a story from this Sunday through my email to President: "esterday we went to visit a member. We were going to take a bus, but the bus only comes every 20 minutes. When it came we  tried to get on, but it didn't stop! So we decided to try another way. We took a bus and tried to transfer but it didn't work out. Things just kept going wrong it seemed. We finally got on a bus and booked it to the members house when we got off. We were late. Nonetheless, we shared our message, asked for referrals, and then headed home. 
On the bus on the way back I overheard the conversation of two women in the back. They were talking about church. They were discussing where they should go, and how they would know which church would be the right one to attend. They said things like "You just have to ask God, He will tell you." As I listened I wanted to share a Restoration pamphlet with them. So I pulled it out and got ready to give it to them. As I turned around, I looked at my companion who was sitting in the seat in front of them and she was holding two Restoration pamphlets in her hand. Unity! XD She gave them the pamphlets and they took them, but they had to get right off the bus, but they both seemed very interested and we hope lots of good things will come of it!! I think back, if we hadn't been late we wouldn't have met them. I also think it was partly a blessing for having the courage to ask the members for referrals. When I was a new missionary, and throughout my missionary experience I have seen that when we don't ask for referrals, we don't have investigators! But, if we ask, even if we don't get a referral directly from the member, we may receive blessings in other ways we didn't expect!"
So, all in all this transfer is off to a great start- I'm excited to be an STL here and lead and guide the work here! Its going to be great!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment