Introducing Sister Sierra Brooksby...

Hello my beautiful Brothers and Sisters!
I am Sister Sierra Brooksby! I suppose it's that time... Time to write and introduction and tell you all about myself. To be honest, theres a lot to say about me! I suppose the thing you'd want to know though, is where I am serving and when! I will be reporting to the Provo MTC On December 30th, 2015. I will be serving in the Seoul Korea South mission. It's a very exciting call for me and I'm totally pumped to share the gospel with my Korean friends!
For more information about all my adventures, keep up on my lovely blog which will, with great hope, be weekly maintained by my gorgeous mother. So you all soon! ;) Stay strong!

Here is the address you can write a letter to me:
MTC
Sister Sierra Brooksby Mar01-Kor-seos
2005 North 900 East Unit 8 Provo Utah 84602

Mission Address: (After March)
Sister Sierra Brooksby
Korea Seoul South Mission
29 wiryeseong-daero 22-gil songpa-gu Seoul
teukbyeolsi 05655 South Korea




Sunday, March 26, 2017

One is the Lonliest Transfer 12/12/16

Wooo~ Hello everyone!
First off, before we get to my amazing week, lets talk about transfers! But before that lets give a little background, Sister An (my companion)'s little brother will be moving to out ward in January to stay with her aunt and study English, so we told the mission president about it who said he would take it into account when he put transfers together. So, naturally we thought that even though she only has a transfer left, she would need to be transferred to a different area. 
We got transfer calls this Saturday. The result: Sister An will stay here in Cheogna as the Incheon STL with a new companion, because I am headed to Hwagok! For the first time in my mission I'm actually going to be serving in the Seoul area! Wow, crazy. XD My companion will be Sister Legaspi! My first non-Korean companion! She's from the Philippines Wow!!!!!! Crazy!!!!! So, I may not have a Korean now, but we are still keeping up the non- American streak. XD She's starting her 3rd transfer now, so she's still fresh out in the field! I'm so excited! 
The reason for the title of the email is that I only spent one transfer here in Cheongna, Sister An only has one transfer left, and when I go to the new zone (Gangso) I will be a solo STL! Usually two sisters work together as STLs in a companionship, but I've been assigned solo, which means all the training and STL stuff will be done for that zone solely by yours truly! Wow! Woo hoo! XD Its gonna be a fun transfer!!! 
Aside from all that, this week was pretty good! We basically had meeting after meeting, training after training, so now its time to go out and be 150% of the missionary I was before! 
We went to the temple this Thursday! It was so great! We did baptisms for the dead this time before the session. It was so great! It was apparently the last time the missionaries would be doing it, so it was cool to participate. I love doing baptisms for the dead. Its one of my favorite parts of the temple. :D
After we did that we went out ice skating as a zone! Anyang zone also joined us. It was super fun! :) It was fun to see sooooo many missionaries all together having fun on the ice. Fortunately, no one fell too bad, except one Elder, but we won't worry about that. XD 

Funny story:
One day I was in the bathroom washing my hands when I heard a sound in the ceiling, so I called my companion and said I heard something. She came over. I was standing in the bathroom wearing our only pair of bathroom slippers, so she decided to get up on the toilet (as per her usually bathroom shoeless practice) but as she got up on it the lid broke off and she went tumbling to the floor! So now our toilet lid is broken. Heheh woo hoo. XD
We also bought more bathroom slippers.

Hmmmm not much else to say! I'm all packed up, ready for a new adventure in Seoul! Missions are great! I hope you all keep treating the missionaries well, and if you'd like to do me a favor, but them lunch and listen to what they have to say. Its a vicarious gift for me. 
Call the missionaries up, and say this. "I would like to take you out to lunch, and I would love to hear a message from God for me through you." That would be a Christmas present to me! 
"This is my only Christmas wish!" 
That, and you should all do the light the world project. Its awesome.

Love you all! Bye!!!!

Picsss my comp and I eating snacks before English class, waiting at THIS stoplight because we are just THAT obedient, our investigator, our tree and lights, some guy who likes phones

No comments:

Post a Comment