Introducing Sister Sierra Brooksby...

Hello my beautiful Brothers and Sisters!
I am Sister Sierra Brooksby! I suppose it's that time... Time to write and introduction and tell you all about myself. To be honest, theres a lot to say about me! I suppose the thing you'd want to know though, is where I am serving and when! I will be reporting to the Provo MTC On December 30th, 2015. I will be serving in the Seoul Korea South mission. It's a very exciting call for me and I'm totally pumped to share the gospel with my Korean friends!
For more information about all my adventures, keep up on my lovely blog which will, with great hope, be weekly maintained by my gorgeous mother. So you all soon! ;) Stay strong!

Here is the address you can write a letter to me:
MTC
Sister Sierra Brooksby Mar01-Kor-seos
2005 North 900 East Unit 8 Provo Utah 84602

Mission Address: (After March)
Sister Sierra Brooksby
Korea Seoul South Mission
29 wiryeseong-daero 22-gil songpa-gu Seoul
teukbyeolsi 05655 South Korea




Sunday, March 26, 2017

We Had So Many Adventures... We Teleported!!!!!! Power and Authority Three Nephite Style. 1/1/17

Hello friends, family, casual observers!!! Happy new year!!!!!!!!!!! 새해 복 많이 받으세요!!!!!
I hope you all had a wonderful week, I also hope is was at least almost as wonderful and awesome as ours! ;)
Happy New Year again! I cannot believe its already 2017. I've officially spent all of last year as a missionary! Crazy. :0 
Wow~ So this week was pretty great! We started it off with a zone pday! We played Uno, ate chicken, played ping pong, and otherwise ran around and shot each other with toy guns. Twas a fun time. 
Tuesday we had our service activity again! Its always a lot of fun to go to the service center and  give food to old people. They always say really nice things and tell us we are pretty :D So adorable. There is one lady in there though, she's like the old people mob boss. I'll let you imagine what that means. Its really fun. :D
We had an experience delivering food to the houses. We usually go in a group of 5 people with a shopping card we fill with lunch boxes and each person (or set of missionaries) takes the ones for a certain apartment complex and then comes back and gets more. Because my companion and I go together it makes more sense for us to take more lunchboxes, but the lady in our group sent us to the complex with only one. I didn't want to go. I thought it was silly to send both of us (four hands!) with one box, and I voiced my complaints to my companion. When we got to her house she opened the door with such excitement I think I was almost blown away with the force! XD hehehe she said "Thanks so much! Wait a second, let me get you something!" And she came and brought us a little drink and said "I'm so happy to see you come!" And it was so cute~! So I learned a lesson. Never complain, because sometimes God gives you blessings in disguise and if you complain about it you look really silly. XD It works on small and big scales everyone, God made this for you!
We met an investigator the other day who was doing the family English program, but had been kind of not keeping all the rules and such, so since it was my first time meeting her we decided to drop her! :) It was a pretty hard drop as far as I've seen. We basically told her we are here using God's time and that meeting with her wasn't what was best for the use of that time and only to contact us when she's ready to go to church! It all ended well, but it was very funny because at the end she started to ask me questions like "And how long will you be in Korea?" "Will you be here the whole time?" "Oh so you could still leave, right?"
I don't think she likes me very much hahahaha
Okay, now I suppose I will talk about the title. 
So Sister Legaspi and I have a catchphrase if you will that we use quite often. "모험!" Which means "adventure" because every day is a really big adventure. Often because we find ourselves where we can't find ourselves (meaning, we get lost hehehe). So we just say its an adventure and go with it and we usually end up going where we need to go! A few days back we were visiting people in an apartment complex (Ipark) and then we were going to head to the next apartment complex (Hillstate). When we finished visiting we went to cross the street and lo and behold- Hillstate was right across the street from us! So we were pleasantly surprised. We went and visited, but no one was home where we went so we just went home and had dinner.
After dinner I looked at our map and became thoroughly confused because I was that Hillstate was in fact... Not located where we had found it! On the map Hillstate was a few blocks away... in the opposite direction! So my companion and I were thoroughly confused because it seemed to me that we had teleported! No matter how much I looked at the map, it didn't make sense and in fact only became more and more confusing! So we determined to walk back again and solve our teleporting mystery. 
As it turns out, our map is exceptionally old. Like, 8 years old. And, there are in this area 2 Hillstate apartments! So, we did not actually teleport, but we did have a very fun adventure! XD And through our adventure we were able to find a less active members house! Nice work, adventure!

I think that's it for this week. Remember, God loves you! Having adventures is fun! And, dont ever take your situation for granted, it makes you look silly! XD :D Love you all!!! Keep on keeping on! Until next week~ 

No comments:

Post a Comment