Introducing Sister Sierra Brooksby...

Hello my beautiful Brothers and Sisters!
I am Sister Sierra Brooksby! I suppose it's that time... Time to write and introduction and tell you all about myself. To be honest, theres a lot to say about me! I suppose the thing you'd want to know though, is where I am serving and when! I will be reporting to the Provo MTC On December 30th, 2015. I will be serving in the Seoul Korea South mission. It's a very exciting call for me and I'm totally pumped to share the gospel with my Korean friends!
For more information about all my adventures, keep up on my lovely blog which will, with great hope, be weekly maintained by my gorgeous mother. So you all soon! ;) Stay strong!

Here is the address you can write a letter to me:
MTC
Sister Sierra Brooksby Mar01-Kor-seos
2005 North 900 East Unit 8 Provo Utah 84602

Mission Address: (After March)
Sister Sierra Brooksby
Korea Seoul South Mission
29 wiryeseong-daero 22-gil songpa-gu Seoul
teukbyeolsi 05655 South Korea




Sunday, March 26, 2017

What if this email.... 10/17/16

Was shorter than the one I sent last week? What would you all do?
Its okay, as long as you all know this was an awesome week its all good.

Its just cuz usually I write what I want to type about from what is in my journal, but due to our schedule, things to do at home, and living in a four man house, journaling time has been decreased to 0.00000006 seconds. That's the time when I think "I need to write in my jour-" and then do something else. XD 

Right. So I will copy my email to president to tell you the Monday story. 
"We had a great miracle last Monday! We were visiting less actives houses. We are in the middle of trying to get through all the old records and clear up who is actually still living here and such. We visited the house of a Sister Kim. A relative of hers answered the intercom and stated that she wasn't home, but we asked if we could leave a card for her, and she said that would be okay. So we gave her a little message card we made that morning to give to Sister Kim. About 15 minutes later we got a call, from Sister Kim! We had left our number on the card, and she gave us a call! We mostly did a lot of listening about why she didn't come to church, what trials she experienced, and other things. She agreed to call us again so we can meet!~ She's busy, but we hope to be able to meet her soon!"

So that was great! On Tuesday we had an interview with our mission president. That was great. We talked about goals and such. Also, both he and his wife mentioned how our housemates mentioned in their interviews that they enjoy our newly instituted house exercise in the mornings! We all work out together- and I am the obnoxious workout instructor who is constantly saying things like "You got this!" "Don't give up!" and other things that don't actually do anything! Anyway, they are all enjoying it. They are not enjoying, of course, the actually DOING of the work out, nor the soreness after, but you know, the feeling of working out hard in the mornings and such. 

On Wednesday we went on exchanges and Sister Sutton and I almost died!!!!! It was crazy. We were coming down an elevator and at the bottom it suddenly went fast and made a booming noise, but we were super close to the bottom so it just jerked, but we both got out of the elevator and were laughing nervously about how we saw our lives flash before our eyes and we started walking away when I was like "hahaha that was crazy haha wow haha we should probably tell someone." So we did. We probably saved some innocent person's life. My mission is now a success.

But you know that's a funny thing. This mission really is about saving lives! Just not really in a physical sense ;)

So we live on the 16th floor. Its great. We have a great view! There's a downside. The elevator takes forever. But you know, I think God wanted us to appreciate it, because a few days ago, it decided to stop working! Ha! Woo hoo! So my companion and I walked down all 16 flights of stairs, and then back up all 16 flights of stairs and collapsed into our chairs and, like old grandmas, said "Okay, time to plan." But we failed to arise. Ha. Twas funny. We got the energy to arise and plan eventually though. Miracles. It was funny though because the other sisters got in and we asked how it went, and they said that by the time they got back the elevator was fixed haha. 
No fair.

We went and visited the RS president this week. She runs a cake shop! We met and talked with her in a little room above the shop! It was so cute and reminded me how much I love little attic hideouts! 

For those of you who know, my sister got married a few days ago! Since I didn't get to go to her wedding I had to substitute attending a members wedding! It was super interesting! Going to a Korean style wedding was for sure a different, awesome experience! We also got to eat a lot of food haha. 

We had ward FHE on Saturday. We played a lot of games. I'm happy to report our team won. There was a funny moment when we played a sword fighting game, I was matched up against our English class coordinator. I sword fought our member in a skirt. And I won. It was very fun. It reminded me of being home haha. 

Yesterday we had ward counsel. It was great to get together with the members and work out how to help strengthen the members and being back our less actives! We learned a lot!

We had a great week! We hope next week is even better, and I know it will be, because we are working and improving daily, each step reaffirming our desire and commitment to serve those around us and our savior!!

Love you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment