Introducing Sister Sierra Brooksby...

Hello my beautiful Brothers and Sisters!
I am Sister Sierra Brooksby! I suppose it's that time... Time to write and introduction and tell you all about myself. To be honest, theres a lot to say about me! I suppose the thing you'd want to know though, is where I am serving and when! I will be reporting to the Provo MTC On December 30th, 2015. I will be serving in the Seoul Korea South mission. It's a very exciting call for me and I'm totally pumped to share the gospel with my Korean friends!
For more information about all my adventures, keep up on my lovely blog which will, with great hope, be weekly maintained by my gorgeous mother. So you all soon! ;) Stay strong!

Here is the address you can write a letter to me:
MTC
Sister Sierra Brooksby Mar01-Kor-seos
2005 North 900 East Unit 8 Provo Utah 84602

Mission Address: (After March)
Sister Sierra Brooksby
Korea Seoul South Mission
29 wiryeseong-daero 22-gil songpa-gu Seoul
teukbyeolsi 05655 South Korea




Sunday, March 26, 2017

And Suddenly...... Visits!!! 11/21/16

Heyyyyyy everyone! I hope you all had a week almost as awesome as mine was ;)
I'll share some stories I wrote in my email to my mission president this week: 
"Sister An and I were so busy this week! Even without a plethora of appointments we managed to keep ourselves quite busy visiting members and less actives and such! We spent a lot of time just visiting members suddenly- we've seen it a lot in the work here that the members feel a lot of 부담 to give meals to missionaries. Honestly, I couldn't care less about eating with them! Of course you build 정 as you eat with them and talk with them about their lives, but because its our purpose to help strengthen them spiritually I'd so much rather like to focus on that! So, as it turns out, most of our lessons with members this week really were just when we visited with them for 10-20 minutes, shared a message, then went back to work! Its been really great! I love being able to get to know them for a little bit, hear their testimonies and then head back out to do other stuff! 
We had a few miracles this week, one of which was a less active. We visited her on Wednesday and talked with her. We actually mostly listened. She had a lot of things to say about her life ever since she was a child. She's had it rough. So we listened to her story, then took some time to bear simple testimony about the power of the sacrament. We invited her to attend this week. When Sunday rolled around we were standing at the door greeting and my companion says "Sister Choi!!!" We were both so excited to see her there- and she had brought her two kids with her! It was such a miracle to see her there. :)
Another miracle was when we were on exchanges. I went to the Incheon 2nd ward with Sister -. We went to visit a less active woman and stopped by a members house along the way. I know I knew the members name when I heard it, but I couldn't remember who she was to save my life! So we visited and she ended up being home along with her less active daughter! :D We got to share a message with them, it went well. The member cried. We think partly because she felt the spirit, and partly because she wanted her daughter to come back so badly. 
Funny story: I knew who the member was, she comes to church alone and she had told me that she didn't have much time to meet with the missionaries last time I asked her a few weeks back. If I had remembered who she was I might have been more hesitant to stop by and visit in the first place! God truly works in mysterious ways!"
So that sums up the miracles for the week! We've been having a really great time here in Cheongna together! Missionary work just goes so well when you and your companion are both ready and willing to move the work forward! The same goals and desire to give it your all make missionary work the best it can be! 
Funny story: We had our exchange, and we went to visit a member before, and I realized I totally forgot to pack! So I was like "I guess I'll just have to go with it." So we waited at the church for the member and she called saying she would be late, but we had an appointment right after so we just cancelled with her and I had time to go back and pack before the next appointment. Heavenly Father loves me. :D
Don't forget to pack, everyone. Its important.

No comments:

Post a Comment