Introducing Sister Sierra Brooksby...

Hello my beautiful Brothers and Sisters!
I am Sister Sierra Brooksby! I suppose it's that time... Time to write and introduction and tell you all about myself. To be honest, theres a lot to say about me! I suppose the thing you'd want to know though, is where I am serving and when! I will be reporting to the Provo MTC On December 30th, 2015. I will be serving in the Seoul Korea South mission. It's a very exciting call for me and I'm totally pumped to share the gospel with my Korean friends!
For more information about all my adventures, keep up on my lovely blog which will, with great hope, be weekly maintained by my gorgeous mother. So you all soon! ;) Stay strong!

Here is the address you can write a letter to me:
MTC
Sister Sierra Brooksby Mar01-Kor-seos
2005 North 900 East Unit 8 Provo Utah 84602

Mission Address: (After March)
Sister Sierra Brooksby
Korea Seoul South Mission
29 wiryeseong-daero 22-gil songpa-gu Seoul
teukbyeolsi 05655 South Korea




Sunday, March 26, 2017

5/5 GOING STRONG!!! Koreans. Its the Life. 10/31/16

Hello everyone! I hope you enjoy~ I have no idea what to talk about!

Starting off- we met a new PI with a member on Tuesday. That was cool. Not sure how it will turn out. After we had a meeting to plan FHE with the 1st ward. Its their ward FHE but they asked for our help. The party is today- Halloween. Originally the plan was just to have some games and a spiritual message, but the WML (ward mission leader) decided to make it a big Haloween party! Which means us 8 missionaries were left with 6 days to plan and prepare everything from the haunted house to booths! Its gonna be wicked sweet. 

In other news, we went to 청라 to proselyte with the other sisters, but it ended up being (by approval of the mission presidents wife) a time to just talk and enjoy each other's company. My companion really liked it. My and another Sister who is going home in a few days were the only non-Koreans there haha so sometimes when we didn't get what they said we just looked at each other like "Eh. Merica." Haha.
Thursday we headed to Shihung. Its kind of far so we decided to spend the whole day there. We first went out and ate SUPER expensive meat with a member. It was SOOOOOO good. I love being a missionary. Hehehehe. XD After, she drove us to a LA members house which ended up being so perfect because she had to go to work in a bit and if we had taken the bus we wouldn't have been able to meet her! We couldn't meet long, but it was great! The member also took us to a lotus park (pics in the other email) though they were all mostly dead and gone because its Fall. After she also took us to another LA members house and we were able to meet with her as well! It was really great~~ 
After we met with the LA we went to a members house to heart attack their door, but as we were doing it my companion had to go to the bathroom sooooo bad haha. So we were going to do it quick and then try to find a bathroom, but as we were sticking it on the member suddenly showed up!! It was a miracle. My companion was able to go in and use the bathroom and then we were able to share a message. It was way awesome. :)
One of our members invited us to see her son perform in a classic music choir, so we went to see it on Friday. It was awesome! There was a great orchestra for the first part as well. It was great to go and hear inspiring music and support our member and friendship her son. She was so happy we all came to hear and show our love. :) 
Saturday we had our Proselyting activity with the youth and YSA. Only 4 people showed up, but we all separated and when we came back had a testimony meeting. It was great to hear them all talk about how they were touched or their thoughts changed. One young man almost cried. That was adorable (not THAT kind of adorable, no worries everyone. No 배도 here.)
After, we went to a party in Cheongna for Haloween. It was good. Nothing too crazy to report. There was a haunted (There is no word for haunted in Korean. CRAZY) house. Not super freaky. Well. Just not freaky. It was good though.
Saturday we got a text from the Zone Leaders. "We will be getting transfer calls tonight, suprise!" Originally we were supposed to receive them today. XD So we were in the subway and got a call from our mission president (Which means you are called to a leadership position of some sort. IE one of us was becoming either a trainer, or a Sister Training Leader.) but we were in the subway so we asked him to call in 5 minutes. He did. 

So... I will be transferring to Cheongna! The area we were just at for our Halloween party. Woo hoo! XD Super funny. I will be serving as STL with Sister An, who was my housemember last transfer. My 5th Korean companion in a row! Hence, 5/5 going strong!!! My companion will also be transferred to an area called Buchun, she will be companions with a Korean sister currently serving in Gimpo, another area in our zone. They will be whitewashing (2 new missionaries going in) the area, and our area will also be whitewashed. Woo! Gonna be super fun!!
 
So Sunday we gave our farewell talks. It was good, not much to report. Later on last night the missionaries in our district got together to set up for our haunted house. We did some stuff then got together in the kitchen to eat ramen. We were talking about how to scare people and such. I voulenteered that I knew a scary song that we could sing and the Elders (All 4 of them are SCAREDY CATS, its no joke tripping hilarious.) asked if I could do it. So I did. They thought it was great and asked if I could sing it with my hair in front of my face. I did. 

They all.... ran away.....

Later on I did it again when we were simulating the house. It was like watching sheep run from a wolf. I have now been deemed the scariest person in our district. XD Woo! HALOWEEN! 

Let it be known: I. Am. Scary. Dun dun.

JK. We decided not to use that though. Though we did plan a bunch of great other scary things, I'm excited for today. Its gonna be great!! More stories to come... Happy Halloween everyone!!!
Love you all!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment