Introducing Sister Sierra Brooksby...

Hello my beautiful Brothers and Sisters!
I am Sister Sierra Brooksby! I suppose it's that time... Time to write and introduction and tell you all about myself. To be honest, theres a lot to say about me! I suppose the thing you'd want to know though, is where I am serving and when! I will be reporting to the Provo MTC On December 30th, 2015. I will be serving in the Seoul Korea South mission. It's a very exciting call for me and I'm totally pumped to share the gospel with my Korean friends!
For more information about all my adventures, keep up on my lovely blog which will, with great hope, be weekly maintained by my gorgeous mother. So you all soon! ;) Stay strong!

Here is the address you can write a letter to me:
MTC
Sister Sierra Brooksby Mar01-Kor-seos
2005 North 900 East Unit 8 Provo Utah 84602

Mission Address: (After March)
Sister Sierra Brooksby
Korea Seoul South Mission
29 wiryeseong-daero 22-gil songpa-gu Seoul
teukbyeolsi 05655 South Korea




Sunday, March 26, 2017

Pigeons Prompt Unexpected Thought 9/26/16

Just saying. 
I was at a bus stop a few days ago and had an experience I needlessly made into a poem.

Once I sat waiting at a bus stop
Waiting, just waiting and veiwing
And as I looked round I let my eyes drop
To a pigeon who prompted my brewing
I thought to myself as I looked at the creature
"I wonder if it knows its ugly"
And the pigeon stared back, and scanning my features 
Had a similar thought about me
"I wonder if she knows she can't fly?
She thinks silly and foolish things
She cannot have them, though she may try
I may be ugly, but at least I have wings."

So friends and family, lets not judge those around us, but instead choose to appreciate them for what makes them beautiful and talented. Those people probably possess characteristics you could only dream of having!

With that said, lets talk about my week. Or, I will talk about my week and you will read. All of it. :)

So last Monday we had Zone PDay. Twas fun and such.  We played mafia. I was a citizen. They killed me... :,( I guess I talk too much. Go figure. Hehehhehe.
My trainer is our STL and she came on exchanges to our house, so we had a great time catching up and stuff. She's dying (finishing her mission) this week, which means she's kind of going crazy(er).
We had a great day of miracles in Shiheng! We went to meet a member but we were a little early so we sat on a stage and called some people for a bit and someone sat on the stage near me, so I talked to her. She wanted to take a picture with me. She really liked talking with me, and we got her number, which was cool^^ 
The member wanted to take us out to eat meat, so we walked with her to a place she knew, but it was closed (total miracle!!) so we walked to a different place and ate there. The owner came up and started to talk to us. Apparently when he was in the military he met a member of our church and he really liked him. We got his number for the Elders. After we ate we left but sister Park said "Should we go give him a Book of Mormon??" And I said "Sure!!" She was nervous, but we went back and gave it to him! More to come about that story.
We had our first DM! It was my first and last DM with a few of the people there XD. It was good- apparently DM usually takes about 2-2 and a half hours because our DL really likes to talk, but this week they changed things up a bit so we finished on time which was nice :)
We met and 'talked to' two grandmas doing KSL the other day. Sign language is so cool. But all I know is hello, and then they kept trying to talk more and I don't understand Korean sign language haha. They liked us though!
We had a district exercise on Saturday. We played basketball and stuff. It was fun :) Though we had to wake up at 5:30am. I like morning time, but I also really like sleep. XD Right after that we picked weeds in front of the church. It was quite the morning. Then we ate, went home and showered and then went back and picked up trash by the church with the members. We also had a party for the RMs in the ward. There are 4 people who just got back from their missions recently! It was a good meeting. It reminded me how awesome missionary work is, and how much I don't want it to end~ 
Saturday we got transfer calls. My companion and I will be staying, but one of our roommates, Sister An, will transfer to a different area in our same zone and become our STL! Our DL's companion, Elder Lee, will leave to be a ZL in a different zone, and our DL will train and also be in a threesome with an Elder who just barely got finished training. The other Incheon Elders, 1st ward, one Elder goes home and in his stead Elder Yates who I served with in Pyeongtaek will come. :) Its going to be fun! 
Yesterday we had ward conference. It went well and a lot of LA members came! Though I forgot my glasses that morning, so I don't really know WHO came because I couldn't see faces very well haha. 
Besides that, not much news. Though my companion just found a potential investigator here at the Computer place, so who knows? ;)

I love the work, I love my Savior!!!! Have a great week!!  

No comments:

Post a Comment