Introducing Sister Sierra Brooksby...

Hello my beautiful Brothers and Sisters!
I am Sister Sierra Brooksby! I suppose it's that time... Time to write and introduction and tell you all about myself. To be honest, theres a lot to say about me! I suppose the thing you'd want to know though, is where I am serving and when! I will be reporting to the Provo MTC On December 30th, 2015. I will be serving in the Seoul Korea South mission. It's a very exciting call for me and I'm totally pumped to share the gospel with my Korean friends!
For more information about all my adventures, keep up on my lovely blog which will, with great hope, be weekly maintained by my gorgeous mother. So you all soon! ;) Stay strong!

Here is the address you can write a letter to me:
MTC
Sister Sierra Brooksby Mar01-Kor-seos
2005 North 900 East Unit 8 Provo Utah 84602

Mission Address: (After March)
Sister Sierra Brooksby
Korea Seoul South Mission
29 wiryeseong-daero 22-gil songpa-gu Seoul
teukbyeolsi 05655 South Korea




Sunday, March 26, 2017

Sister Park's Testimony Was So Strong.... It Caused a Natural Disaster. 9/19/16

Heeyyyyyy family, friends, countrymen, all that jazz,
What's up?!?!?!
Greetings from Incheon!!! I'm officially all settled in here! 
Update on life: We live in a 4 man house! Me, my companion Sister Park, and the Incheon 1st ward sisters, Sister An and her trainee, Sister Bayer. Its a really big house! Which means cleaning just got 2 times harder haha.
Well then, lets go chronologically, shall we?
Monday after we emailed, Sister Park and I went home and packed up, then we took my stuff to the post office- which means we walked 20 minutes carrying boxes, bags and suitcases. Woo. Fun. Heheh. It was my workout, even though I already worked out that morning. Then after, we went home and got the 2nd batch, but took the bus this time. XD
We cleaned up our house and got it all in order, then said farewell. My old area is officially closed until next transfer! It was sad to leave Pyeongtaek, but it already seems like some long gone dream. All of my mind and efforts are so concentrated on Incheon now, because there is so much to do!!! 
Anyway, we headed to the mission office, and on the way we had to stop by Anyang to get Sister Park's SD she accidentally left there. It was quite the trip, especially because we had a lot of suitcases, and the one I was dragging was a bag with wheels. It was one of the hardest times of my mission haha when we finally got to the mission home (an hour late haha) my hands were a little swollen and red. Quite the time. 
So, we had dinner together, then went back to the mission office and had testimony meeting. I was our testimony meetings official translator! Twas quite fun :) My trainee, sister Park bore her testimony, an as she ended, the house began to shake. At first everyone was like "What the...?" (Well, I was thinking about what we needed to hide under) because we were all experiencing an earthquake! It wasn't bad or anything, but after it was over we were all like "Whoa!!!!!! That was so cool!" The two Korean sisters there both said they'd never felt one before. We all decided the reason there was an earthquake was because my companion's testimony was so powerful.
Anyway, after the testimony meeting we slept. The next morning we got up, ate, and then we went with Sister Turner to get some things from the store. Then we went back, took some pics, and Sister Park (my new companion Sister Park) headed out! We took the subway to the new area, put my stuff down then went to get stuff to make greeting cards, which we went to the church and made. Then we went and met a member who gave us chicken. Her daughter just recently got back from her mission!
Wednesday we went to the church and my companion skyped her parents for the Korean Thanksgiving holiday. Then we made our greeting board with the other missionaries in our district. After, we headed to a different area and my companion had music practice with some other missionaries (One of them was my trainer :D) for our mission tour. We went to their house and ate dinner after. Then we went back to our area and had District Family Home Evening, which consisted of our DL talking about pday plans and a game to get to know each other. 
Thursday was pday! We got up early and headed out. We went to a station and met the Elders and walked to what's called the 63 building, in the bottom there is an aquarium that we went to go see. Because of the holiday, if you wear a traditional Korean dress you got in free!!
After, we walked to a cool island and looked around. Then we went home and chilled. After, we headed to the Gemchun sisters house and spent the night there because of mission tour the next day! There were 6 sisters in a 2 person house! Not to mention only one bathroom hahaah.
The next day was mission conference! We got to hear from The area president. It was a great, spritual day and I was able to learn a lot!!!!!
Saturday we met a member at the church and helped her out with English stuff, she's writing simple kid's books in English and wanted me to proofread. 
That night we went out and found a less active! It was a miracle we found her and she opened up her door and let us talk with her. Its really great to have those opportunities to meet with those who really need our help!   
Sunday was my first week in the new ward! We got there early to greet the members. It was good to greet them and ask my companion "What's her name, oh, and what's her name?" And sometimes I asked the members as well. I feel like even though this is the biggest ward I've ever served in, I'll be able to get to know the members quickly!
I gave a greeting talk in church, and true to form all the members were totally shocked. Its really great though, being able to speak well helps so much with getting to know the members and the ward! I love being here!!!!!
I hope this next transfer is wicked sweet! 
All the sisters in the zone think Sister Park and I are going to become STLs next transfer. XP Woot. Hahaha.

Love you all!!

No comments:

Post a Comment