Introducing Sister Sierra Brooksby...

Hello my beautiful Brothers and Sisters!
I am Sister Sierra Brooksby! I suppose it's that time... Time to write and introduction and tell you all about myself. To be honest, theres a lot to say about me! I suppose the thing you'd want to know though, is where I am serving and when! I will be reporting to the Provo MTC On December 30th, 2015. I will be serving in the Seoul Korea South mission. It's a very exciting call for me and I'm totally pumped to share the gospel with my Korean friends!
For more information about all my adventures, keep up on my lovely blog which will, with great hope, be weekly maintained by my gorgeous mother. So you all soon! ;) Stay strong!

Here is the address you can write a letter to me:
MTC
Sister Sierra Brooksby Mar01-Kor-seos
2005 North 900 East Unit 8 Provo Utah 84602

Mission Address: (After March)
Sister Sierra Brooksby
Korea Seoul South Mission
29 wiryeseong-daero 22-gil songpa-gu Seoul
teukbyeolsi 05655 South Korea




Sunday, March 26, 2017

The Life of Incheons Newest STL 11/14/16

Hello everyone! 
So! Week two has officially started in Cheongna serving as an STL. For the first time since I started my mission I was able to go on exchanges as a leader! Its been cool. I love it. Being an STL means I have lots of responsibility to help encourage, lift, teach, and support the other sisters in my area, but it means I have that much joy also!
Funny story- I'm writing this email from Gimpo! Which, if you must know, is 1 hour from our area! Last night we got a call from the sisters serving here because they needed help from leaders. So, we got on a bus and rode an hour to get here. But, we had been fasting (because this week was fast Sunday) so we hadn't eaten all day. We got there around seven, helped until 8, then went to eat food at their house really quick because I was dying. Turns out I might have delayed eating just a titch too much because my stomach hurt sooooo bad (You know, when the abnormal amount of stomach acid you have just decides to eat you from the inside out? That kind of hurt.) so we couldn't make it home! Instead we had a missionary sleepover! (No worries, we got permission from the mission president. No apostasy.)
This week I look back and ask myself "What on earth did I do?" And then I realize the majority of my time was spent on buses and subways proselyting. :P I also went to the Youngdengpo church building and had a language evaluation teaching lessons in Korean to the AP (assistant to the mission presient) no pressure! It was cool though, he said it was practically perfect! Sweeeettttt. Another Elder I served with in Pyeongtaek sent a message saying the AP had told him all about how I did a good job. (He went in for the eval just after me) So, that was a bonus! Now if only I could figure out English again....
So, right I went on exchanges this week. I went to a different area. We went to go visit a members house, but she (my temporary companion) had only gotten to the area a week before so still didn't know much about how to get around. We got on a bus, but ended up going to complete wrong direction! So we had to get off, and then get back on another bus, and we ended up getting to their house really late, so we dropped off the cookies for their bday and then rannnnnnnnnn to the bus. We ran so much that night. My companion was going to collapse she was so tired! We ended up getting in late though. We had to call our Zone leaders haha. 
Oh yeah! It was my birthday! So I was on exchanges, so I didn't really do anything special, but when I went back to my area we had English class. When I told them it was my birthday they didn't believe me haha. One of the class members, Jimmy, said he had to leave early and ducked out. But 5 minutes later came back with a Korean snack thing in a package and gave it to me and said "Happy Birthday!" It was very nice of him. I will send a picture. 
My companion bought me a cupcake and we got a candle and lit it and ate a cupcake and it was fun. She has one of those cameras that prints a picture as soon as you take it, so she took a picture of me with my cupcake and gave it to me as my present. It was very cute. It was the most simple birthday I've ever spent, but it was really fun!
Friday was Pepero day! Its a Korean holiday where everyone makes/buys this snack and gives it to other people. (The thing Jimmy gave me). Total, this week I got 8! Happiness. :)
Besides all that, because it was my first official Sunday In this area I got to give a short into talk in church! I've been here long enough and gave enough transfer talks I was finally able to get everyone to laugh a lot! I have officially succeeded. Its always fun to make people laugh. 
I don't have much time! Gotta go!!! Just know this week was awesome and I love you all!
Ill send pics next week!!!! sorry!

No comments:

Post a Comment