Introducing Sister Sierra Brooksby...

Hello my beautiful Brothers and Sisters!
I am Sister Sierra Brooksby! I suppose it's that time... Time to write and introduction and tell you all about myself. To be honest, theres a lot to say about me! I suppose the thing you'd want to know though, is where I am serving and when! I will be reporting to the Provo MTC On December 30th, 2015. I will be serving in the Seoul Korea South mission. It's a very exciting call for me and I'm totally pumped to share the gospel with my Korean friends!
For more information about all my adventures, keep up on my lovely blog which will, with great hope, be weekly maintained by my gorgeous mother. So you all soon! ;) Stay strong!

Here is the address you can write a letter to me:
MTC
Sister Sierra Brooksby Mar01-Kor-seos
2005 North 900 East Unit 8 Provo Utah 84602

Mission Address: (After March)
Sister Sierra Brooksby
Korea Seoul South Mission
29 wiryeseong-daero 22-gil songpa-gu Seoul
teukbyeolsi 05655 South Korea




Sunday, March 26, 2017

She Attacked My Head.... What The...??? WHO ARE YOU?!? 2/5/17

Hello everyone!
Remember how I said I would be emailing on Tuesday? Just kidding!! Ha. Ha. Ha...
Well, turns out switching p-day was unexpectedly denied by the area presidency. So.... MONDAY EMAIL! Hehehehe. I'm happy and slightly bummed at the same time, I really wanted to try the different pday thing. 
Oh well! 
This week we had transfers! I said goodbye to my adorable Sister Legaspi, but reunited with Sister Lee! I was her STL in Incheon Zone and its really fun to be with her. She really loves makeup, clothing, hair, music, being obedient, proselyting, joking around, and eating! Its a blast! :) 
We had a crazy first day. After we got home we put her stuff down then studied, then after, we visited a LA members' store, then went to confirm another LA members' address, but she welcomed us in! We were super surprised! She talked a lot :) We think she might be a little lonely, shes older and lives alone. We talked a while, got a small message in and headed out to eat with a member. When we got there, to our surprise, she didn't remember inviting us! It was an interesting, slightly awkward experience. We ended up just going to sticker board instead! It was kind of funny because we all left her house and she said "Come back in an hour and I'll feed you!" but we all gathered around (the 6 missionaries in our ward) and discussed what we needed to do. We prayed to know whether we would sticker board, or if we should find a way to not meet with the member. After the prayer everyone waited a moment. Then I said "Well, I don't really know what to do, but I did think of an excuse we can use not to eat with her." Hahahaha and so we used that and went out and sticker boarded! 
Sometimes, the Holy Ghost can enlighten our mind with good excuses. Who knew?
We spent a lot of our time this week out and about! Talking with people, looking for houses, etc. Lots of fun! We met with a member this week who gave us their couch!!! That was cool. It was the old one they were throwing away. :)
One of the Elders in our ward had a birthday this week! We got him cake, he was very happy~~
There was a baptism in our ward this week!!! The Elders' investigator, Brother Lee. It was a really great day!! We sang "Gethsemane" and all the members were asking for the sheet music after! They really liked it. 
Part of my letter to president:
"As far as our 3 new investigators, its a family! I'm sure Sister Lee will tell you about her fast this week, (she fasted for new investigators the day we got the referral!) but anyway, after church we got a 소개! It was originally for the Elders, but the dad isn't always home, so they gave them to us. The mom is open-minded about religion, and she also lived in Utah for a year so she's already had a lot of good contact with members! We are excited to see where it goes. Its the family English Program, and they have lots of English interest, but we see they have potential and even if we aren't the ones to help them to baptism we sure hope we continue to plant seeds!"
So yeah! New investigators!!! Super happy!!! We hope all goes well with them!

As for the title.... Dun da da dun! My companion wanted to do my head today. So, she sat me down and had fun for a while haha and the restult..........Will come in another email! :)

Love you all!!!!!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment