Introducing Sister Sierra Brooksby...

Hello my beautiful Brothers and Sisters!
I am Sister Sierra Brooksby! I suppose it's that time... Time to write and introduction and tell you all about myself. To be honest, theres a lot to say about me! I suppose the thing you'd want to know though, is where I am serving and when! I will be reporting to the Provo MTC On December 30th, 2015. I will be serving in the Seoul Korea South mission. It's a very exciting call for me and I'm totally pumped to share the gospel with my Korean friends!
For more information about all my adventures, keep up on my lovely blog which will, with great hope, be weekly maintained by my gorgeous mother. So you all soon! ;) Stay strong!

Here is the address you can write a letter to me:
MTC
Sister Sierra Brooksby Mar01-Kor-seos
2005 North 900 East Unit 8 Provo Utah 84602

Mission Address: (After March)
Sister Sierra Brooksby
Korea Seoul South Mission
29 wiryeseong-daero 22-gil songpa-gu Seoul
teukbyeolsi 05655 South Korea




Sunday, March 26, 2017

Merry Christmas!!!!!!!!!!!! And a Happy 전도 당함~ 12/25/16

Hello everyone! It probably wont make much sense to put that into google translate. Sorry. XD
Only the Korean speakers will ever know!!!!!!!! 
This week was crazy sauce! Especially the last two days. My companion and I have been saying a phrase over and over again "This has been the (craziest, weirdest, oddest, etc.) Christmas (and eve) ever!" And it probably will be until the day I die. Who knows though? Wherever we go the crazy seems to follow, so who needs to put absolutes on stuff, right?













We visited a history museum last Monday with our district and while the Elders decided to wander around and look as stuff my companion and I made crazy poses with all the figures in the museum! I shall include some for your viewing pleasure. :)








 We also played fun games that were set up in the museum, like tossing poles into a tube and such. It was fun~ :) 

Then we headed home but on the way we went to get a few things from the store and as we walked there was a girl selling scarves, and she talked to me about scarves and I thought, "I don't need a scarf, but I need to buy one from this girl." So I did. And then we talked to her about who we are. She thought I was from England haha. XD The place we were talking was at a crosswalk and we needed to cross, so when the light turned green we would go to cross and say goodbye but we just kept talking. We ended up not crossing 3 times! In the end we gave her a Book of Mormon and all went well.^^ 






The next day we had our service activity! We deliver food to old people and then help other old people at the cafeteria take their food to their place and clear their trays and such when they are done. Its a lot of fun~ 
Right after we headed to the mission home for our Christmas Zone conference! It was really fun! They had some really exciting announcements about next year, including that Elder Holland will be coming in February!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS I AM SO EXCITED I HAVE ALWAYS WANTED TO SEE ELDER HOLLAND THIS IS THE COOLEST I LOVE BEING A MISSIONARY, BUT NOT JUST CUZ I GET TO SEE APOSTLES, ALSO BECAUSE OF MISSIONARY STUFF ANd yeah enough of that. I'm excited, you know. 
Now, in our mission we have a rule that sisters are not allowed to proselyte to, or talk with someone who is a male on the street unless they initiate conversation, and with that we are supposed to try to keep it as brief as possible, with that in mind I share the following story.
On the way back from ZC we were on the subway. Two chairs down from me a young man sat down and began to study English vocabulary words. As I sat there I just kept getting the feeling I needed to stare at his English vocabulary paper. So I did. After about 5 minutes of staring on and off at his paper, pretending to read it, he looked at me and said in English "Hi" to which I responded. He told me he is learning English and has a lot of desire to learn. Long story short I told him about our English class and gave him the Elders number for the ward he lives closest to. I'll keep you all updated about how it turns out! I think he will be a great investigator later! :)
Christmas eve was interesting. I will relate a story that I told my mission president because I don't want to type it all again!! :)
"We were practicing our skit for Christmas with the Elders when we got a call from someone who's name and a date was saved in our phone, but there was no information. She asked if she could meet with us right then and since we didn't have any pressing appointments we said that we could. We met her at the station. When I first saw her something was a little off, she seemed a bit nervous, if you will. She said she wanted to eat with us, so we followed her to the restaurant even though we had just eaten lunch. I said a lot of prayers that we could eat what we needed to! When we sat down she was asking our names, if we attended the Christian college in our area, etc. Then someone else came in, her friend and she sat down with us as well.  Her friend was apparently a missionary for her church and the first thing she asked us was "Try to explain God to me." And it affirmed my fears, that this conversation was going to go in a very wrong direction if we didn't handle it right. I had a constant prayer in my heart as I bore my testimony. She shot back her ideas and thoughts and we listened, but when the time came we continued to testify of the savior and of Heavenly Father. At one point I asked them "Was the purpose of this meeting for you to push your opinions on us, to make us believe what you believe, and proselyte to us?" And the person who invited us was a little stunned. Her missionary friend had a pause before she kept talking about whatever. When there was a break I bore testimony again and told them simply I know why I am here and that what I am doing is pleasing God. I told them if they were truly interested in our message to contact us, but that this was not what God called us here to do, and then we left. It felt so great to testify, and then get out of there! I know we did what God would have us do in that situation! 
As soon as we left out the door a voice behind us asked if we were Mormon missionaries, to which we said yes. He had had interest in learning about our church and had read the Book of Mormon in college, but didn't have a copy. He attended a different church, but accepted the copy of the Book of Mormon we gave him and gave us his number. I know God wanted us to be there at that time, and even though in the moment it wasn't the most fun, it had a happy ending."
Yeah. Later on that night we had a crazy time when a potential investigator was supposed to come to the Christmas party, but was a little late so we waited forever for her call and we were chilling by the front door waiting when she called and couldn't find the church, so we ran out into the cold Christmas eve night to find her car so we could lead her back, but my companion wasn't wearing a coat! We finally found her and led her back, but my companion was coatless the whole time! Fortunately, she hasn't gotten sick! 
Christmas eve we sat down to plan and had a moment when we realized that we had no appointments for the next day! We planned to skype, have church, and then after that we had nothing to do! So we decided we would go carol to members. All throughout church no one mentioned or asked about whether or not we were going to eat lunch or dinner, and so church ended and we still had no one to eat with. 정말  어이없었어요!!!! So, while we waited for the time my companion would Skype we ate Ramen at the church for lunch. Then just before she Skyped a member suddenly called and invited us for dinner! WE WERE SO HAPPY!!! WE DIDNT HAVE TO EAT RICE AND EGGS FOR DINNER!
I don't have anything against rice and eggs.
Its just, if you eat rice and eggs so many times....
*Angry stomach noises*
He. He. He.
Actually, we met the member, ate awesome food, and then she turned to us and expressed that she had been having a hard time recently and she really wanted to hear all 6 (because yes, the Elders also had no appointments that day hehehe) of the missionaries testimonies about Christ. We testified and were able to become a big strength to her that day. I learned a valuable lesson about gratitude and humility. There was a good reason God made sure we had no appointments that day and honestly, it would have been a good opportunity to be bitter, but I know that was His plan! Because he loves his children he wanted us to be there for her and prepared the way for that to happen. I learned I am an ungrateful, prideful child and have much need of repentance. I am so grateful for my Savior.

This Christmas has been crazy, but also wonderful. We have had so many good experiences there are too many to share. I love you all!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment