Introducing Sister Sierra Brooksby...

Hello my beautiful Brothers and Sisters!
I am Sister Sierra Brooksby! I suppose it's that time... Time to write and introduction and tell you all about myself. To be honest, theres a lot to say about me! I suppose the thing you'd want to know though, is where I am serving and when! I will be reporting to the Provo MTC On December 30th, 2015. I will be serving in the Seoul Korea South mission. It's a very exciting call for me and I'm totally pumped to share the gospel with my Korean friends!
For more information about all my adventures, keep up on my lovely blog which will, with great hope, be weekly maintained by my gorgeous mother. So you all soon! ;) Stay strong!

Here is the address you can write a letter to me:
MTC
Sister Sierra Brooksby Mar01-Kor-seos
2005 North 900 East Unit 8 Provo Utah 84602

Mission Address: (After March)
Sister Sierra Brooksby
Korea Seoul South Mission
29 wiryeseong-daero 22-gil songpa-gu Seoul
teukbyeolsi 05655 South Korea




Sunday, March 26, 2017

Someday, I Will Rest... 10/24/16

But that day is not today!
You know, when I thought about missionary p-days before I thought about chilling, catching up on much needed rest, writing letters, etc. I have experienced that that is not how it works, especially if your District Leader is Elder Kim. He's a very active person and ALWAYS wants to go things as a district for pday. Today he gathered us all to climb a mountain. He looked up all the info and stuff and we went. He wanted to go so that we could see the leaves all changing color and such and planned to go up the mountain the easy way. It didn't quite work out and we ended up practically climbing the whole way hahaha it was fun though. ( My companion was dying the whole time. I think she's ready to kill Elder Kim haha.) We went and ate ground eel soup after- I elected to eat chicken by myself haha. 
This week was so amazing!!! We saw miracles, got sick, learned a lot, laughed, struggled, and overall just did missionary work! Lets start off with last Monday. I will put in what I wrote to my mission president "I know that success is for sure given by God, as demonstrated this past Monday. Sister Park and I were visiting a less active member and on the way we saw a bread place that looked good, but we didn't go. On the way back we passed it again, but we didn't go, and instead went and delivered a message card to a member. Finally, just before we took the bus home we decided to get some bread. We chose our bread, paid for it, etc. Then we went out and waited for the bus. When we got on we went to the back and sat apart. I noticed a woman sitting in the chair behind Sister Park and I wanted to say hi, so I did. Suddenly, she asked "Where is the ward here?" Long story short, she is a former investigator. She considers herself a member. She knows she wants and needs to be baptized. We got her number. "
So that was that! It was a great time! Always super cool when God decides to bless us with a miracle to strengthen our faith and let us know there really is a reason we are in this place at this time. He guides our every footstep and helps us see how it was worth our while. 
Tuesday we had meetings, and other stuff went down, but I don't have my planner with me this week so I don't really remember what we did! 
Wednesday was the best day ever~~~~~~~~~ We got to meet ELDER BEDNAR!!!!! We also got to see all our Seoul Mission friends because the meeting with Elder Bednar was a joint mission conference! I got to see all my MTC friends from the Seoul mission~~~ It was great!!! We learned so much from him. The whole meeting was practically a question/answer session and it was very inspirational! Many questions, asked and unasked were answered that day. After, we went on exchanges with the STLs. That was a good time. We met a few members during my time in Cheongna, and we also ate good food. We got lost trying to find a member's house. All in all it was fun. We did sticker boarding as a district. Got to talk to lots of people about English class. 
Friday we met with the 1st ward missionaries and practiced a song for a baptism. We sang the next day. It went well~ Got to meet some new Less actives this week- including a family that lived in Las Vegas for a long time. Connections! 
I cannot think of anything else to say.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
I have a bunch of email time left and nothing to do with it.... xD That's a first. Its not that I don't have people to talk to, its just that we have a lot of time to email. 

You guys should ask more questions so I have more things to do with this time that I have. 

Anyway, love you all. I'll go watch mormon messages or something haha

No comments:

Post a Comment