Introducing Sister Sierra Brooksby...

Hello my beautiful Brothers and Sisters!
I am Sister Sierra Brooksby! I suppose it's that time... Time to write and introduction and tell you all about myself. To be honest, theres a lot to say about me! I suppose the thing you'd want to know though, is where I am serving and when! I will be reporting to the Provo MTC On December 30th, 2015. I will be serving in the Seoul Korea South mission. It's a very exciting call for me and I'm totally pumped to share the gospel with my Korean friends!
For more information about all my adventures, keep up on my lovely blog which will, with great hope, be weekly maintained by my gorgeous mother. So you all soon! ;) Stay strong!

Here is the address you can write a letter to me:
MTC
Sister Sierra Brooksby Mar01-Kor-seos
2005 North 900 East Unit 8 Provo Utah 84602

Mission Address: (After March)
Sister Sierra Brooksby
Korea Seoul South Mission
29 wiryeseong-daero 22-gil songpa-gu Seoul
teukbyeolsi 05655 South Korea




Monday, September 5, 2016

But I emailed... yesterday...? Sept 5th 2016

It really feels like I wrote and email just yesterday! This week went by amazingly fast! 
Today marks the last week I have with Sister Park before she heads off to the MTC! She's going to do great and I am sad to see her go. ㅠㅠ 
So! This week!


When I reviewed my journal this week I found out that I did, in fact, do things. I will endeavor to tell you what some of those things are.
On Monday we had FHE with a family in the ward. They are awesome! The epitome of the role model humble family! Their 10-year-old son is such a spiritual giant! He reminds me of Elias. He shared how when he prayed he didn't think much of it, but one day he was worried about what happens after we die, so he asked his dad who explained, and then told him that if he wanted to know for himself he needed to pray about it with faith. He said that he prayed and felt the spirit and has a great testimony of God now! Such a cool kid. 
We met some JW the other day. Nice people. Talked about... I forget. The one lady was like "Mormons!" And we were like "Missionaries for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints!" That's so much shorter in Korean. XD



We got an online referral the other day for a girl who lives in Osan. We got the apartment number and name, but not the area the apartment is in, and there are 5 apartments with the same name in Osan, so we got to go on an Osan tour trying to find her! Quite the fun time. Still haven't found her. 
Sister Park and I went to go eat food before English class on Wednesday and while we were eating at one point she just stared at me for a long time then I asked why and she started crying! AWwww Sister Park~ She was sad she would be leaving. She cried so much she had rivers coming out her nose and then she sniffed and it made a bubble and suddenly we were both laughing! Funny memories, for sure. Later on she was trying to learn some English expressions, of of them being "That stinks" and I was trying to give her an example so I said "If I say 'my dog died' you say that stinks" And she wrote it down, but she wrote it down as in the phrase My dog died=That stinks. So maybe if we hadn't corrected it someone would have told her something sad and she would have responded "My dog died." Hehehehehe
The guy we met last Tuesday while contacting came to our English class and brought someone with him! It was great to see someone Sister Park contacted come to class! She was able to feel really good about it as well~
Thursday night/Friday I was down all with a fever! Not fun. My companion and I were joking about how after I get over one health related obstacle another one follows right behind! I'm almost over the cold, who knows whats next? :P

We had a great experience with one of our younger investigators! We had met her a few times with not much progression, but we had shared a lot of testimonies and experiences about how we got answers to our prayers, and we had continually invited her to pray for things she needed. This week when we met something about her seemed brighter. As we started the lesson she shared that she had lost her headphones and looked for a long time to find them but couldn't, and then she remembered what we had taught her about prayer. So she said a prayer and was able to find them! She said she felt really good~ Its so great to see her become happier and light come into her life as she works to apply the things she's been learning! :D
We met with a recent convert and after, the member we met her with asked me about my family rules. I told her about how strict my parents were on me when I was little and she responded that she would really like to meet my dad and that my parents are amazing. She told me a few days later "I told my son about your family rules and then I told him 'In Korea there are not a lot of rules in families, and we have lots of rules, but we don't have as many as Sister Brooksby, so we are just in the middle, so you can be grateful for our rules and follow them.' And then suddenly our rules didn't seem so bad!" So funny XD


On saturday we planned on going sticker boarding with the Elders, but on the way they cancelled, so we went to go eat dinner, but at the place we wanted to go there was a huge festival going down! A bunch of people were everywhere! It was crazy! The street was totally blocked off, and it was hard not to lose Sister Park! We eventually made our way to the place we wanted to eat. It was packed, so we waited outside and I started talking to a sister and her family. She asked if the church was still there and if we still called it a ward. Turns out she was baptized 10+ years ago! She attended for a few years and then stopped. It was a crazy miracle that we went there and met her that day!! Really cool. God really does lead us to where we need to be, even if it means He leads us with our tummies!

We went to stake conference yesterday. It was a special stake conference where 4 stakes got combined! The Suwon and Youngdong stakes are now the Kyunggi stake, and the Anyang and Seoul South stake are combined to make... Something? Hehe not sure. Anyway, super cool meeting, a bunch of church leaders came and spoke. :) We also got to see a lot of people we haven't seen in forever! That was fun.^^ Always cool to see old faces!
I think that is all I have to report. Hey life is fun guys, don't forget~ 

Do each of you find joy in the gospel? If not, its not a problem with the gospel, I guarantee it! ;) God intended for us to find joy in every step of our journey, and that's the thing with the word 'find', its there, its just our job to see it!! How hard are you looking? And are you willing to look harder? ;) I love you all! I love this gospel! I love my Savior, brother, friend, Jesus Christ. 

No comments:

Post a Comment