Introducing Sister Sierra Brooksby...

Hello my beautiful Brothers and Sisters!
I am Sister Sierra Brooksby! I suppose it's that time... Time to write and introduction and tell you all about myself. To be honest, theres a lot to say about me! I suppose the thing you'd want to know though, is where I am serving and when! I will be reporting to the Provo MTC On December 30th, 2015. I will be serving in the Seoul Korea South mission. It's a very exciting call for me and I'm totally pumped to share the gospel with my Korean friends!
For more information about all my adventures, keep up on my lovely blog which will, with great hope, be weekly maintained by my gorgeous mother. So you all soon! ;) Stay strong!

Here is the address you can write a letter to me:
MTC
Sister Sierra Brooksby Mar01-Kor-seos
2005 North 900 East Unit 8 Provo Utah 84602

Mission Address: (After March)
Sister Sierra Brooksby
Korea Seoul South Mission
29 wiryeseong-daero 22-gil songpa-gu Seoul
teukbyeolsi 05655 South Korea




Sunday, September 4, 2016

A Week of Learning and Relearning... Get it From Your Head to Your Heart. Aug 1st 2016

Dear Brothers and Sisters, my lovely siblings in the family of God,
This week has been great! As the title says, just a week for us to learn a lot. I have to say, its been rough, but its just smoothing out the diamond! 


First off, this past Monday we had dinner with a member. The brother was telling us about his experience in the Busan mission when the mission president made them RUN if they weren't talking to people. Quite the new take on how to be diligently searching for those to teach! We ended much later than anticipated, and the members took us to the nearest subway station. My companion and I got out of the car, said goodbye, and BOOKED it into the station. In my head, even if we got in and had to wait 10 minutes for the subway to come, I would be okay with that. Turns out, we rushed in, got on the escalator and hear the doors for the subway open. So we ran down the escalator (Okay, maybe that's not very sister-missionary-like) and into the train just 3 seconds before the door closed. We realized as we were riding that the subway we got on was a rapid train and that we'd have to transfer, but true to form the blessings of God are upon on His faithful servants who want to get home on time- as soon as we got off at the transfer station the next subway we needed to take was just across the platform! So, we crossed over and were able to take that subway to the next station, get off, and RUN home. We got home 1 minute in time! We both laughed a lot! XD The Elders who had eaten with us were not quite as fortunate to get home on time (Its because they didn't run.) Sometimes, we just have to run. Though I'm really glad I wasn't a missionary in Busan at that time because the Sisters were not exempt from that rule! XD



We had a great experience with a member on Tuesday. We met our investigator with her together. After meeting the investigator our original plan was to go find a PI but through the guidance of the Spirit we changed our plan and asked the member if she had time to practice a lesson with us. After the lesson she told my companion and I how well she felt we were doing. She asked me if it had really only been 6 months since I started my mission and after I said yes she said she just always felt the Spirit so strong whenever I taught and that she felt I was a very prepared missionary. It made me feel very good! Sometimes its easy to forget what makes me special not just as a missionary, but as me. I love to hear from members and people around me that they know I was prepared by God for this time. 


We got a call a few days ago from a LA who said she wanted to meet the next day. Then she called back a few minutes later because she called the wrong sister missionaries! XD
At our District Meeting this week we had a mini party for the couple missionaries who will be leaving this week. We are all super sad to see them go, they are super awesome!


After DM we had an evaluation for Sister Park. Its a lesson in English. She did a great job but told us all (us and the 4 Elders in the district) how hard it was and she just wants to be good at English. The Elders took the opportunity to share their experiences learning Korean and relate to her. It was a fun time to just come together as a district to help her feel good about her efforts to become better at English! :)
After English class Wednesday a member showed us a magic trick with cards. She showed us once and I saw how she did it as she did it. The Elders were so confused! It was great! They begged her to tell her how she did it, but she didn't tell them. It was great. 


We had interviews with our mission president this week. After, we went on exchanges! My companion went with Sister Gil back to our area and Sister Blanchard and I worked in Singal area. It was quite a miracle- filled few days! Sister Blanchard and I went to visit a LA house and put hearts on the door. We went to get on the bus, but we couldn't figure out which bus went, and Sister Blanchard had never been there before. So we decided to go to a different bus stop, but as we headed in that direction we both got the feeling that we shouldn't go that way. So, we got on a different bus and ended up going the complete wrong direction because the address that we had was wrong. XD  So we went to see if we could meet a RC instead  (I thought maybe the reason we couldn't find the house was so we could meet with them) But the RC was busy, so we just sang a hymn to her over the phone :D
So then we went to visit a LA brother who they'd visited several times before but was never home. Today, he was home! It was a true miracle we were able to talk with him! His wife was not home, but we were able to talk to him at the door and invite him to church. 

During our exchange Sister Blanchard asked me "How do you have so much self confidence?" Among other things the biggest answer I was able to give was "Fake it till you make it."
I have many more stories and no time, so I will end by saying that that's the truth. If you don't have the strength to do it just yet, pretend like you do! Say you do! Tell the world you're a champion and that nothing will stop you! As you choose to be who you want to be the rest will follow. Don't spend so much time thinking about the consequences you never take the action. In an excerpt from my letter to the mission president:

"Recently we've been talking about how to get the principles of the Gospel from our heads to our hearts. For example, faith is a principle of action. So, if we have faith we act, and when we see the results and blessings of those actions which strengthens our faith which leads us to act. Its a circle. Likewise, if we lack the faith in a certain principle, we act on that principle first starting with hope. When we see the blessings that come, we gain faith. So as my companion and I strive to get the principles of the gospel from our heads to our hearts we are starting with action."

I love you all! Keep moving forward!

No comments:

Post a Comment