Introducing Sister Sierra Brooksby...

Hello my beautiful Brothers and Sisters!
I am Sister Sierra Brooksby! I suppose it's that time... Time to write and introduction and tell you all about myself. To be honest, theres a lot to say about me! I suppose the thing you'd want to know though, is where I am serving and when! I will be reporting to the Provo MTC On December 30th, 2015. I will be serving in the Seoul Korea South mission. It's a very exciting call for me and I'm totally pumped to share the gospel with my Korean friends!
For more information about all my adventures, keep up on my lovely blog which will, with great hope, be weekly maintained by my gorgeous mother. So you all soon! ;) Stay strong!

Here is the address you can write a letter to me:
MTC
Sister Sierra Brooksby Mar01-Kor-seos
2005 North 900 East Unit 8 Provo Utah 84602

Mission Address: (After March)
Sister Sierra Brooksby
Korea Seoul South Mission
29 wiryeseong-daero 22-gil songpa-gu Seoul
teukbyeolsi 05655 South Korea




Sunday, September 4, 2016

I See Miracles More Often Than I See Pharmacies (And that's saying a lot) Aug 7th 2016

Heyyyyy everyone! Its been a tripping great, (and as you could probably tell by the title) miracle-filled week! Its also for sure that when there are a lot of miracles there are just as many trials to help remind us who's really in charge and how much we need His help! And boy, have we been getting His help!


Last Monday we went out to do something and as we left I had the feeling to ask my companion if she had the visiting teaching list. She looked confused. She had received it at church. Turns out she threw it away. So we went back inside and looked for it, we were able to find it which was great! 
We met an investigator this week who is having a hard time progressing. She likes meeting and things, but she's not been taking the action she needs in order to learn and grow. This week my companion and I both received the same inspiration for her- to teach baptisms for the dead. The lesson was great! Usually when we teach she didn't have many questions, and she didn't have much to say, but suddenly she had so many questions!!! She had such a desire to know what baptisms for the dead was and how she could do it! It was so great. Gotta keep following the Spirit!!!


We visited a sister and had a practice lesson with her. Before we met with her my companion was talking about how she wanted to eat chicken. When we met with the member, a delivery guy came to the door and lo and behold: Chicken! My little trainee was so very happy.^^


Wednesday we ate sooooooo much. We had meat with our ward mission leader, and I ate soooo much I was going to explode, then right after had a smoothie while we did our 12 week evaluation, then we ate watermelon with a LA then right after that we had dinner with another member. XD XD I was so full allllllllll day. 
During our lesson evaluation my companion was struggling to remember the things she had memorized. So I asked if we could say a quick prayer. We did. After, it was great to see her become happier as she remembered the things she learned and applied them in our teaching situation.


Thursday we were headed out to go to Zone Training when my companion was looking for our mission hymn. She looked for a long time and couldn't find it. So I suggested we pray. At first she was a little hesitant, but we prayed and she looked again. Just as she was about to give up she looked in a book she had already looked through and was able to find it. She was so amazed! She couldn't stop smiling about it and looking at me like I was an alien that fell from space and told her I would give her super powers. 


We were on the subway headed to ZT when Sister Park spilled her ice cream all over her hands. Neither of us had a tissue or anything so I asked some girls and they didn't have any, so we just decided not to worry about it when suddenly the man who was sitting down next to the girls stood up and went somewhere, then he came back and magically had tissues which he gave to us! God really does look out for us, even in little, seemingly trivial matters.
This past 3 weeks we have been doing a SYL (Speak your language) competition in the zone. Everyone sends in what % they've used the mission language this week and we see who has the highest percentage. We got placed based on individual, companionship, and district scores. Our companionship was 2nd place! As far as individuals go... Yours truly was 1st place in the zone! ;) Super great. I got a crown, necklace, pretty mug and everything.
We ate Outback Steakhouse with an investigator on Friday. It was the day we got a message from the higher ups that we were not allowed to proselyte! It was apparently 36 degrees C and the hottest its ever been in Korea. So, yeah. XD.


Just so you all know, Outback is much better (And MUCH cheaper) in America. 
We had a french toast party with the members on Saturday! Then we all cleaned the church together! It was a lot of fun. XD 
On Sunday we went to the Humphrys English branch! It was my first time going and we received a very warm welcome from the ward! We went to meet our new investigator! She's great! She's in the military working as a mechanic. 20 Years old. She's been to church twice and really loves it! We are both very excited to meet with her and teach her~

This week really has been great. I've learned a lot and gotten a lot of needed personal revelation. I don't have time to write much, but I will say that those of you who want to love the gospel more must share it! 

No comments:

Post a Comment