Introducing Sister Sierra Brooksby...

Hello my beautiful Brothers and Sisters!
I am Sister Sierra Brooksby! I suppose it's that time... Time to write and introduction and tell you all about myself. To be honest, theres a lot to say about me! I suppose the thing you'd want to know though, is where I am serving and when! I will be reporting to the Provo MTC On December 30th, 2015. I will be serving in the Seoul Korea South mission. It's a very exciting call for me and I'm totally pumped to share the gospel with my Korean friends!
For more information about all my adventures, keep up on my lovely blog which will, with great hope, be weekly maintained by my gorgeous mother. So you all soon! ;) Stay strong!

Here is the address you can write a letter to me:
MTC
Sister Sierra Brooksby Mar01-Kor-seos
2005 North 900 East Unit 8 Provo Utah 84602

Mission Address: (After March)
Sister Sierra Brooksby
Korea Seoul South Mission
29 wiryeseong-daero 22-gil songpa-gu Seoul
teukbyeolsi 05655 South Korea




Sunday, September 4, 2016

Old Addresses... Mean It Was Wrecked! Aug 14th 2016

Hello everyone!
I hope you are all having a grand week! I know I am!
Well, of course I'm having a great week, it just started. That, and I'm a missionary. That's always a really great thing. Heyyy speaking of, I wanted to share a thought about missionaries. More especially about our roles as representatives of Jesus Christ. 
I felt strongly this morning the importance of our role as representatives of Christ and the great power and authority that comes from that. In the power of His name we promise people His church was restored, in the power of His name we claim the priesthood keys of salvation, in the power of His name we invite people to repent, and in His name we have the authority to preform miracles. I love it. 
Anyway! About that title, we've been visiting LA members the bishop asked us to, but the addresses are all super old and some of them are fields in the middle of nowhere. I'm really glad we decided to check the address for most of the people before we decided to wander in nowhere land forever. One of the houses we did go to was wrecked a long time ago and a completely different (kind of scary) building was put in its place! Always check beforehand, its a good idea. 


Last week we were walking to visit LAs and we got a call from the Elders, but when I said hello the person on the other end was an old man. That was a bit of a shock. Turns out the Elders dropped their phone(no idea how they didn't notice) in their apartment building and the security guy found it and called us to see if we knew the owner. 
It was quite the fiasco figuring out their address and then telling him. We told him and hung up and he called back 20 minutes later telling us it was wrong... But it was right. Then he asked me who I was and how I knew them and I told him I was American and before I could tell him how I knew them he said "Ah! Is this the phone of those two American young men? I see!" And then told me he knew how to get the phone to them. Apparently, he didn't know I was a foreigner even though we talked on the phone for 3 minutes. Success.
We had our 12 week meeting. Its a meeting halfway through the training process to help us continue to train well and give us advice and encouragement. It was really great. It was fun to be in the room with all the other missionaries who are training and hear their experiences and work with each other to make this experience better for us and our trainees!


We had DM on Wednesday. True to form the 안성 Elders were 45 minutes late, though I don't blame them, the live an hour and a half away. It was good though. Although the couple missionaries left last week so it felt so empty without the wisdom of our elder (no, not that kind of elder) missionaries.
We went to have a teaching evaluation with our STLs. Its always strange to go back to my first area. It was good. After, we ate porridge (because its the only thing I can eat right now) with all of them as a kind of farewell party! A lot of the sisters in our zone are going home next week. 
So in order to enjoy our missionary work a little more, my companion and I stand in a patch of shade (or walk through it very slowly) and then when we get to a patch of sun we run to the next patch of shade and say "We made it!" Its quite fun. It also helps us get our mind off the heat. It also attracts a lot of attention. I don't know if its a good thing or not, I think people could either think we are crazy, or maybe they could just think "Ah yes, servants of the Lord are having fun as they travel doing His work." I'd like to think positively about that.
We met two of our investigators (High school students) with some members on Saturday. The members were baptized around 2 years ago and though they are young they have a great desire to learn and do well. They always greet us so happily and love being with us. They really are amazing. Both of them have a great desire to be missionaries and I know they will do well. Its so inspiring to see their eagerness and love to learn the gospel! 
So, we were on the way back home with a member after visiting our recent convert. We got on the subway, and as we were going we realized we get on a rapid train on accident (For sure not the first or the last time that has happened. I'm blonde. Its a thing.) which was good because it went straight to the members house, but we had to cross to the other platform. So we got on the next train. 


When you get off at our home station car 4-1 lets you off right in front of the escalator. So, when we got on the train we went to the left to try and get to 4-1. We walked through two cars and when we got to the third someone said "Hello Sisters" We looked up, and there was a young Korean man standing there, smiling at us. He is in the army and arrived in Korea 5 days ago. He served in Daejon with my sister! When I told him, he was psyched! I don't know if he knew Haley well, but it was really cool to have met him on the train. He didn't know where the church was, but we were able to give him the Elders number so he could attend church. Super cool miracle. Funny story, he was with a friend and his friend was from NC! XD Crazy sauce.
We got transfer calls on Saturday. The AP said "You're transferring" and sister Park nearly had a panic attack before he told us he was joking. Then he asked us if we had any questions, so I asked "언제 죽어싶어요?" I'll let you all figure out what that means. 
Saturday was English day, which means praying in English. My companion prayed after our planning session and as soon as she finished she said "You need to teach me how to pray better!" To which I responded, "You're doing well! Don't be greedy!" 


She didn't know what greedy meant, so I spelled it out for her and told her to look it up in the dictionary. As I walked to go wash my face I heard her yell "I kill you!" 
Yesterday I wanted us to go to the Young womens class. So after 2nd hour I asked a sister where it was. She showed us the class, and opened the door, but it was dark inside. Not only that, the AC was running. All three of us were like "That was close!" Because no one would have gone into that room until next week. A miracle to save power! God really does watch out for even the little things. 
Besides that, I don't think there's much else to report. I'm having fun here, learning a lot, and doing a lot of fun stuffs. And missionary work. That's awesome. I hope you all are having a grand time! Have a good week! Don't forget to look up and be happy!  

No comments:

Post a Comment