Introducing Sister Sierra Brooksby...

Hello my beautiful Brothers and Sisters!
I am Sister Sierra Brooksby! I suppose it's that time... Time to write and introduction and tell you all about myself. To be honest, theres a lot to say about me! I suppose the thing you'd want to know though, is where I am serving and when! I will be reporting to the Provo MTC On December 30th, 2015. I will be serving in the Seoul Korea South mission. It's a very exciting call for me and I'm totally pumped to share the gospel with my Korean friends!
For more information about all my adventures, keep up on my lovely blog which will, with great hope, be weekly maintained by my gorgeous mother. So you all soon! ;) Stay strong!

Here is the address you can write a letter to me:
MTC
Sister Sierra Brooksby Mar01-Kor-seos
2005 North 900 East Unit 8 Provo Utah 84602

Mission Address: (After March)
Sister Sierra Brooksby
Korea Seoul South Mission
29 wiryeseong-daero 22-gil songpa-gu Seoul
teukbyeolsi 05655 South Korea




Sunday, September 4, 2016

He Called Me Old... Don't Call Me Old. Aug 21st 2016

Heyyyyyy friends, family, new faces! But you know, not really faces, because I currently cannot see your face. 
Its been another great week here in the land of the morning calm! But can I just say mornings here are never calm? Our alarm has decided to rebel this week and not go off in the mornings randomly. Its a thing. I think we fixed it though. Its a good thing our body clocks work, otherwise I would have had to do some serious repentance this entire week!



Last Monday Sister Park and I decided that, as per the norm, we would email, run errands, and then chill at home, but that didn't really work out. We ended up taking the subway to another area super far away to meet a sister who was going home. We were headed on just a normal subway when the announcement came on that the subway AC was broken so we would get off and transfer to another train at the next stop. So we got off and Sister Park walked across the platform to the other train, but I wanted to get on a rapid train, so we got off just before the doors closed and 3 minutes later a rapid train came and we were able to get to the other area on time! 
That night we had FHE with our ward mission leader and his family, along with the elders and their investigator! It was a bunch of fun. We played uno, and some other games and had yummy food. FHE is the best. True story folks.


We got to look at one of our members albums from her mission. Sister park and I looked at them and thought "Man, she takes so many fun pictures. We need to take more fun pictures." So we decided we would take a lot more fun pictures from now on. We want to have lots of fun hehe. Never underestimate the power of fun in missionary work. We need it. Otherwise we die.


Speaking of, any RM (Or current M) have any suggestions for making missionary work more fun?
During our district meeting one of the Elders asked me how long I have left in the mission. I told him a little over 11 months and he said "You're old! You're an old missionary." And I thought to myself, "No, no I'm not. Never say it, never think it. Its not a thing."

My companion was senior companion this week! She did a great job. And there were times when she did occasionally need my help, but otherwise she did awesome. One time in particular that was a great learning experience for her was when we wandered for an hour trying to find a house that you can get to in 10 minutes. I knew how to get there, but it was great to give her the map and let her work it out for herself, even if it meant our feet hurt just a little more. :) 


My companion got a call from the office this week and it appears that her visa is coming through! Its great news! We are both way happy! She has a visa interview this Thursday and if all goes well she will be headed to the MTC September 13th! Which means I am left companionless halfway through the transfer. I wonder what will happen next? XD 

So we went to go do visa stuff on the computer this week. We got most of it done then we needed a pic. Neither of us thought she would be taking a visa pic, and she was wearing a white shirt. So when we got there I gave her my brown undershirt and she took a pic wearing that then changed back. It was a lovely improv action. She still laments she didn't get to prepare to take the picture though XD 

We ate dinner with a less active family this week. We ate beef with them. Beef is ridiculously expensive in Korea, so it was a big deal. They also gave us "Beef sushi" and you know friends, I'm not one for super pink steak when it comes down to it, so eating straight up raw beef was not ever on my to do list, but it is now on my I did list. 
On Saturday we had our ward activity!!! WATER FIGHT!!! Twas a bunch of fun. I think it was the funnest ward activity I've attended as a missionary. I was thoroughly drenched and thoroughly tired, and today and yesterday we are all thoroughly sore! But it was great. 



A few of the members decided to go around putting ice down peoples shirts or pouring super cold water on them. When Sister Jin tried to do it to me I *avoided* her. She tried a few times before giving up and proclaiming (In English) that I am very "Shifty" and have a 6th sense for people trying to sneak up on me. 
Ah, I have to tell you all how the first act of watery violence began. 
It was me. Hehehehehehe.

We were all preparing the water balloons for the activity. There were some super huge balloons we filled up for a special game. One of the members' sons filled up the last one super big and laughed like a crazy guy as he carried it to the room we stored the balloons in. As he laughed, I laughed, and then took a pin and popped it right there in his hands. He was sooooooooooo SOAKED. It was great. 
Laughed forever.


Anyway, that was my week! Its supposed to cool down soon, which is great! Today we are having water games again with the missionaries in our zone! Its gonna be a blast! 
Love you all! 
Have a great week!
Stay cool ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment