Introducing Sister Sierra Brooksby...

Hello my beautiful Brothers and Sisters!
I am Sister Sierra Brooksby! I suppose it's that time... Time to write and introduction and tell you all about myself. To be honest, theres a lot to say about me! I suppose the thing you'd want to know though, is where I am serving and when! I will be reporting to the Provo MTC On December 30th, 2015. I will be serving in the Seoul Korea South mission. It's a very exciting call for me and I'm totally pumped to share the gospel with my Korean friends!
For more information about all my adventures, keep up on my lovely blog which will, with great hope, be weekly maintained by my gorgeous mother. So you all soon! ;) Stay strong!

Here is the address you can write a letter to me:
Sister Sierra Brooksby Mar01-Kor-seos
2005 North 900 East Unit 8 Provo Utah 84602

Mission Address: (After March)
Sister Sierra Brooksby
Korea Seoul South Mission
29 wiryeseong-daero 22-gil songpa-gu Seoul
teukbyeolsi 05655 South Korea

Tuesday, May 31, 2016

"Is she a Korean?" May 30 2016

Hello one and all!!!!!! I hope your week was as awesome and miracle-filled as my week here in the Seoul South mission was!!!!!!

First off, I'm not going chronologically here when I talk, so bear with me ;) Yesterday one of our investigators was baptized!!! It was a beautiful, spiritual day of rebirth! 

Our investigator, Sister Kim, has come a long way, and we've seen a lot of changes in her life! I've been so blessed to be a small part of her conversion and helping to bring her to Christ. :)

Yesterday, there were 13 investigators from our district in church! 5 of them were our investigators! We were so happy! Its been miracle after miracle here in this ward, and we've had the great privilege  to be here to witness it! 

Okay, moving on to the other stuffs^^
Our awesome DL had been very nervous all week about interviewing our investigator for baptism. So we practiced with him on Tuesday. Its his first time interviewing someone in Korean. :) 
We went to visit Less actives a few days ago, when we went into one of the apartments we saw a couple in front of us going up the stairs, the lady looked at us for a moment but didn't say anything. We went to go to #205, on the second floor, and as we followed behind the couple, we saw them go inside a door and close it. Door #205. XD Well. We rang the doorbell. They didn't answer. We think the LA moved and a different family moved in. XD

We had a super fun time cleaning the font for the baptism :) Lots of water, soap, and fun times. Who knew cleaning a font would be so much fun? I kept thinking "We gotta clean the inner vessel!" I don't know why. Haha.
Anyway, after cleaning the font we went to go to the church building by the American base for the baptismal interview. (This area covers 2 buildings) As we rode the bus we saw the Elders, who we were going to meet at the church, and they ended up getting on the same bus. The bus we were on, #20, comes like, every 3 minutes, but the Elders happened to get on the exact same bus we were on haha. Oh life.

On Thursday we had District meeting. We learned about one of my favorite parts of teaching! HTBT (How To Begin Teaching) the most important part of making a first meeting conductive to the converting spirit of the Lord! So we learned. Our mission president asks that we do a role-play as a part of every DM, but we had to go, so we didn't have a lot of time. So our DL told us that he would chose one team to demonstrate HTBT for them. Guess which team (of the 3 teams) was chosen? Yepppp the sisters ;) It was fun. When we finished the DL was like, "Yep! That's why I chose the sisters!" 

So we went to go visit a member, and we got there a little early, so my companion asked if we could take a picture on the rock path of this river. She wanted to do a jumping shot. I wasn't quite into the whole jumping thing, seeing as we were standing on rocks in a river, so she jumped alone. My companion wears tennis shoes because of ankle problems, but she ties those shoes very lightly. So my companion jumped. 
One of her shoes decided it would like to be a boat instead. 
It was alright, I grabbed it before it floated away, but the best part was that we got a picture of it because the camera was on a timer! Haha it was great! :)

So we were headed to visit a less active, and apparently the bus in front of us broke down, so everyone on that bus got on our bus! It was packed and all, but the funniest part was that the same set of Elders who got on the same bus as us 2 days earlier had been on the bus that broke down, so they ended up getting on our bus! So we've accidentally broken the 'don't travel together' rule on accident twice. XD

On Saturday we met with a 7 year old investigator who's brother was baptized not too long ago. She will be baptized next week Monday, on her birthday. Its great and such, but we only have 2 times to meet with her and teach her all the lessons. Woo! So Saturday we met her and taught her all of lessons 1 and 4. The Restoration, and the commandments. Gratefully, she had met with the missionaries with her brother, so she had heard most of it before, and has come to church a lot. Next week we get to teach lessons 2,3, and 5! Wish us luck! 
While we were teaching, the member who was with us also brought her son who is the same age as our investigator. When I spoke, I got through 2 sentences and he turned to his mom and asked "Is she Korean?" and his mom said "Of course! Her name tag says so! Her name is Baek Sool Be." (My Korean name) To which he responded "But her eyes are blue" and his mom said "She was born that way because her mother prayed a lot" and then he said "Mom, you didn't pray a lot." Super adorable! :) At another point in the lesson we were introducing the Book of Mormon and asked "If you want to learn math, what do you need?" (Expecting: Math book!) To which he responded "The Book of Mormon!" Hehe super adorable. :)

 night at about 8pm it came to our attention we hadn't gotten flowers for our investigator. Her baptism was the next day, and most stores were closed. So, we went to a place with lots of shops and looked around, but couldn't find any, so after much deliberation (and ruling out stealing flowers from the local park) we decided we would just go home and not worry to much because they were probably all closed. Then, on the way home, my companion looked out the window and said "Oh Flower shop!!!" So we got off the bus and ran to the flower shop that we pass every day (why didn't we remember that there was a flower shop 7 minutes from our house, I don't know!) and went inside. It was late, we needed to go home, but there was no one in the store. So we called the number twice, and no one answered, so we just planned in the store and waited a while. Then, 18 minutes before we had to go home we called again, the lady answered and said she was out on a delivery and would be back in 10 minutes. So, we waited, then she came, we bought the flowers, and RANNNNNN home, arriving 3 minutes in time. It was quite the adventure!
And that was my week! It was a lot of fun, a lot of work, and a lot of miracles!

I'm so happy I get to serve here. I hope I'm here in this ward for a long time and continue to exercise faith to see even more miracles and joy!

Love you all! I hope this week is great for all of you! Pics to follow! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment