Introducing Sister Sierra Brooksby...

Hello my beautiful Brothers and Sisters!
I am Sister Sierra Brooksby! I suppose it's that time... Time to write and introduction and tell you all about myself. To be honest, theres a lot to say about me! I suppose the thing you'd want to know though, is where I am serving and when! I will be reporting to the Provo MTC On December 30th, 2015. I will be serving in the Seoul Korea South mission. It's a very exciting call for me and I'm totally pumped to share the gospel with my Korean friends!
For more information about all my adventures, keep up on my lovely blog which will, with great hope, be weekly maintained by my gorgeous mother. So you all soon! ;) Stay strong!

Here is the address you can write a letter to me:
MTC
Sister Sierra Brooksby Mar01-Kor-seos
2005 North 900 East Unit 8 Provo Utah 84602

Mission Address: (After March)
Sister Sierra Brooksby
Korea Seoul South Mission
29 wiryeseong-daero 22-gil songpa-gu Seoul
teukbyeolsi 05655 South Korea




Tuesday, May 31, 2016

The dates are a reflection May 23

Hello everyone! Friends, family, loved ones! 
Another great week in the best mission in the world! 
This was transfer week! I will update you all on that one at the end of the email.
This week was a great week! Lets go event by event, shall we?













On Monday we had what's called a TIP brunch at the mission home. Missionaries in this mission have been given a special book made by our very own President Morrise, it details vocabulary and scriptures to memorize and requires us to teach practice lessons to our companion and leaders in Korean. Its a great program. Its separated into the 5 lessons, and if you finish one lesson you can go to the mission presidents house on Monday and have brunch with the other missionaries who finished. This past monday was the last Monday TIP brunch was help because our amazing Mission President will be going home. There were over 50 missionaries all crammed in the mission home, and the mission home is not large. It was a bunch of fun :) I think almost half the mission was there. 
That night we went to visit some members randomly, the first sister we visited was not exactly thrilled when we came, but we asked if we could have a short prayer together with her and she invited us in to pray. We prayed with her, and she remarked that she felt a lot of peace. Her heart was changed and she opened up about how she had been having a lot of health problems and it was giving her a hard time. It ended up being a really good experience. When all else fails, pray!!
One of the Elders in our district has been working very diligently to bring people in. He invited 5 high school boys to our English class on Wednesday and they all came! It was great! Especially because the numbers have been decreasing lately. But I can say one thing... Swiss cheese. He he he.
So we went to teach an investigator about the Restoration and we asked the Elders to bring the Restoration video because we don't have one, and we were waiting at the church and we got a call from them 15 minutes after they were supposed to come and the Elder said that he left home, and then went back because he forgot the vid, then they left home again, and forgot the video again, so they had to go back a 3rd time haha. Then they got to the church and gave us the video, and then my companion and I looked at each other and laughed because we forgot the DVD player, so we had to go all the way home again to get it haha.



We went to the hospital so my companion could get physical therapy. I sat in the waiting room. My bag was on my left, and my companions bag was on my right. Then I had a thought "You should put your bag with your companions bag, someone may sit next to you." So I did, and not two minutes later a woman in her 60s came in the office, then sat next to me! So we talked about the weather and things, and I told her who I was. We had a good chat about families and such. It was a great experience. Always heed those promptings!
Ah, so we went to go visit another less active, on the way we walked behind these two girls with a dog. The poor dog had to go to the bathroom. About every 5 feet on the sidewalk there is a tree, so the dog would run up to the tree to relieve itself, but the girls wouldn't stop, so before it could go the girls had walked past and were pulling it away, so then it would run to the next one to get a head start but the girls would catch up and pull it away again. It happened like 5 times before the girls noticed the poor dog was struggling!

We rode the worlds slowest elevator on Friday. It was a blast. Hehehe




In church yesterday there was a sister and her kids who came that I had never seen before, so I introduced myself and asked for their names, and it turns out they were visiting from Chonan where Haley had served over two years ago! The sister still remembered Haley and we all took a picture together! I will send it. :) 
Also, this week we have 3 baptismal dates, and Sunday we will have a baptism! Exciting things happening in Korea!!!!!! Don't give up, even when people say Asia is a hard place to serve. Its worth it. Just have the faith to do what God needs you to!





No comments:

Post a Comment