Introducing Sister Sierra Brooksby...

Hello my beautiful Brothers and Sisters!
I am Sister Sierra Brooksby! I suppose it's that time... Time to write and introduction and tell you all about myself. To be honest, theres a lot to say about me! I suppose the thing you'd want to know though, is where I am serving and when! I will be reporting to the Provo MTC On December 30th, 2015. I will be serving in the Seoul Korea South mission. It's a very exciting call for me and I'm totally pumped to share the gospel with my Korean friends!
For more information about all my adventures, keep up on my lovely blog which will, with great hope, be weekly maintained by my gorgeous mother. So you all soon! ;) Stay strong!

Here is the address you can write a letter to me:
MTC
Sister Sierra Brooksby Mar01-Kor-seos
2005 North 900 East Unit 8 Provo Utah 84602

Mission Address: (After March)
Sister Sierra Brooksby
Korea Seoul South Mission
29 wiryeseong-daero 22-gil songpa-gu Seoul
teukbyeolsi 05655 South Korea




Wednesday, May 18, 2016

And the adventure begins.... Because adventure is all we do! April 18th 2016

Alright I know you're all curious about my new area and stuffs, but lets take this semi-chronologically. 
I don't think I mentioned this before, but the light in the bathroom at our house went out and we didn't get around to fixing it for a few days, but until then because we had no window we just opened the door, covered the hinge crack with a towel and the other person couldn't go to that side of the house haha. We finally got the Elders to come over on Monday and they helped us fix it haha. 
We had a billion appointments on Tuesday so that we could see a lot of people before I left. After all of them we went to the church at about 8:40 and met our investigator there. She was so sad to see me leave. Aww :'( I really love her! She gave us cake and soda and stuff. So adorable. We talked to a while then we had to go home. Her little brother who attends English class also wanted to see us, but he ended up being late so he called on the phone to say goodbye. The first thing he said was "How come you're leaving so suddenly???? Do you really have to go?" Aww it was bittersweet. Nice to know I'm loved, nice to move on!
Right, so Wednesday was transfers!! Woo! We headed to 수원 station. At that station we could meet my companion and Sister Bae's new companion if they could come down together because that station is close to both our areas, but it turns out the office Elder didn't bring the phone for the area where I was transferring to, so we ended up having to take the subway for an hour and a half just to meet, then come right back. XD Thank you office Elder!! 
So we took the subway to our new area, my comp and her new comp got off at 수원 and we continued to our new area: 평택!!! (Pyoengtaek) If anyone is familiar with Korea they will know, 평택 is basically army central. So we actually have a Korean branch and an English branch that meet in the same building. Its strange to see so many Americans. XD And they speak English. Shocker!!!
Anyway, so when we got here we were supposed to go out of the subway station at exit 3.... Problem is.... There was no exit three. There was 1, 2, and 5 haha. So we kind of wandered, suitcases in hand, for about 20 minutes then asked someone at a real estate office and they printed a lovely map for us.
When we got to the area the first thing my companion and I did was put  our stuff down, get supplies, and clean! I think we spent roughly 7 hours scrubbing, vacuuming, and scrubbing again every inch of the house. It took a long time, and we were so dead after, but it felt great! There is a grand difference in how you can feel the Spirit when the house is clean. I think by the time we were done the dust bunnies had all run in fear. I kind of picture us with like, broom swords and cleaner spears. Like some kind of cleaning warriors. Chasing away the devil with our sponges and what not.
At about 8:40 that night the 평택 Elders showed up and gave us our phone!!!!!! CELEBRATIONS!!! We had been wanderers in a strange land with to way to communicate with the outside world, left to our own devices, wandering in strange roads, etc. With our phone we called up the Bishop and a few other people and introduced ourselves.
The next day we met with the Elders and they showed us where the church is. Then we had District Meeting. At the end we did a role play, and I was the investigator for one set of Elders. Funny story, one of the Elders was someone I came to Korea with, so I had known him from the MTC, so he knew I spoke Korean. The other Elder, who also just got to this area on Wednesday, on the other hand, did not. When they started teaching, I would respond, and slowly the Elder's eyes got wider and wider. I was actually totally confused at why he was so shocked (I thought everyone already knew I spoke Korean) then when the lesson was over he just kind of was like "You... speak Korean!" And I was like "Mhmm tell me something I don't know, friend." It was pretty fun. It really doesn't get old. XD


Yeah so then we went with that set of Elders to meet their investigator who was a Sister to they referred her to us. Poor Elder Yates, he just finished being a greenie and he has to kind of show the other 3 of us what to do. XD Fighting!
The rest of the day was adventure time, and calling time. Really, when we don't have a specific appointment our time is spent trying to explore, or call the endless list of people to call. Its a lot of fun! There's kind of not a lot of people here, its what the call 시걸. 
We visited the church on Friday and we were about to leave when we heard a knock at the door. It was the member coming to clean. So we helped her clean and played with her adorable children!
It rained a lot on Saturday, and we spent some time trying to find a place to eat, but there are basically none here haha. So we wandered a lot then just ended up eating bread. XD
On Sunday it was super windy! So windy my companion's name tag clip flew away in the wind! 
At church we met a lot of the people from the English branch (It starts at 10 and the Korean ward is at 1) and then we met a lot of the Koreans. I love the ward a bunch!!! Its really great! 
So I gave my short introduction in sacrament. I said "Hi, I'm sister Brooksby, this is my second area, I've been in Korea for 3 months" Then there was a universal gasp from the crowd ㅋㅋㅋ because my Korean is *pretty good* and then I said "I studied Korean for 4 years before my mission" and there was another gasp. The members were all totally shocked. Hehe. 
We had 2 investigators at church this week, which was great! After sacrament we took a ward picture! So much fun hehe!
Oh super funny thing, we bought some gloves to do dishes, turns out there was only one glove and it was left handed! Oh well! ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ
Well. Its been a crazy busy week. And its been awesome. Lots more stuff happened but I for sure don't have time to talk about them all! Love you all! Keep on keeping on!!!! <3

No comments:

Post a Comment