Introducing Sister Sierra Brooksby...

Hello my beautiful Brothers and Sisters!
I am Sister Sierra Brooksby! I suppose it's that time... Time to write and introduction and tell you all about myself. To be honest, theres a lot to say about me! I suppose the thing you'd want to know though, is where I am serving and when! I will be reporting to the Provo MTC On December 30th, 2015. I will be serving in the Seoul Korea South mission. It's a very exciting call for me and I'm totally pumped to share the gospel with my Korean friends!
For more information about all my adventures, keep up on my lovely blog which will, with great hope, be weekly maintained by my gorgeous mother. So you all soon! ;) Stay strong!

Here is the address you can write a letter to me:
MTC
Sister Sierra Brooksby Mar01-Kor-seos
2005 North 900 East Unit 8 Provo Utah 84602

Mission Address: (After March)
Sister Sierra Brooksby
Korea Seoul South Mission
29 wiryeseong-daero 22-gil songpa-gu Seoul
teukbyeolsi 05655 South Korea




Wednesday, May 18, 2016

Boards, rain, parties. Missionary life. May 9th 2016

Sup friends, family, others! 
What's good with life and such? I'm doing pretty grand. I got to Skype with my family, do some cool stuffs, all that jazz.


So to be more specific let's just talk about what I actually did this week.
The Elders asked us last Sunday if we could go sticker board with them Monday and we said we would go if we didn't have an appointment. Well, we didn't have an appointment, but just like 2 weeks ago, it rained again! I think it's rained basically every time we try to go sticker boarding! Well, because we bailed on them last time we just went ahead and decided to sticker board in the rain anyway. 
I will never do that again.


Don't get me wrong, its fun. Its also cold, and stickers don't stick very well when the board is wet.
Actually funny story, we agreed to meet at 6:30 but the Elders were late so we went and bought stickers. So we both got stuff at Daiso (store), but paid for stuff separately, so I finished first and then came to see what Sister Hwang was doing, she was just putting the receipt in her bag, but when I looked at the counter I saw what looked like what she had bought. But you know, I figured she wouldn't buy stuff and forget to put it in her bag, so I didn't say anything. So, we went and met up with the Elders, but when Sister Hwang looked in her back to grab the stickers they weren't there! Turns out, when we were at Daiso. On the counter. Where I saw them. Hehe. So we had to walk back and get them hahaha. 

Tuesday (I think) we went to visit a member and when we got to the apartment we went into the doors and stuff, then took the elevator to the 14th floor, but when the doors opened we only saw room 1401 and 1402, and we needed 1403. Turns out we went in the wrong doors haha. That's not embarrassing at all. The member asked us "Didn't you come in earlier?" So we had to tell her we went in the wrong door haha.
On a different day we were in the South part of our area walking to a less active's house when a lady stopped by us in her car and asked if we had an appointment. She's apparently a member at the English branch, though she is Korean. So, after we visited the LA we went to her house. She gave us so much stuff!!!!! Juice, snacks, etc. It was great! She served in Taejon. She seriously loves sister missionaries soooo much. :)
We had zone training this week, that was cool. :) I practiced the song for Stake conference before we started but my voice was totally hoarse because I am getting over a cold so I was super worried, but it's gotten better, so that's good. 


This past Saturday our ward had a hot dog party. It was... A hot dog party :) It was fun haha. A PI came that was a referral from the Elders who had met her on the bus. We will probably meet with her this next week, so that's cool. :)
We visited a LA before church yesterday and my companion accidentally left her Book of Mormon and Camera there. XD We will go and get it today hehe.

Hmmmm other than that, not much crazy news to report.

Though I did want to share with you all a message. Msh 23:21-22. Read it. God gives us trials so that the good people can become better. A trial is a sign that God trusts you to improve and continue to rely on Him as you grow and progress.

Love you all! I love my Savior! I love Korea! I just
LOVE!!

No comments:

Post a Comment