Introducing Sister Sierra Brooksby...

Hello my beautiful Brothers and Sisters!
I am Sister Sierra Brooksby! I suppose it's that time... Time to write and introduction and tell you all about myself. To be honest, theres a lot to say about me! I suppose the thing you'd want to know though, is where I am serving and when! I will be reporting to the Provo MTC On December 30th, 2015. I will be serving in the Seoul Korea South mission. It's a very exciting call for me and I'm totally pumped to share the gospel with my Korean friends!
For more information about all my adventures, keep up on my lovely blog which will, with great hope, be weekly maintained by my gorgeous mother. So you all soon! ;) Stay strong!

Here is the address you can write a letter to me:
MTC
Sister Sierra Brooksby Mar01-Kor-seos
2005 North 900 East Unit 8 Provo Utah 84602

Mission Address: (After March)
Sister Sierra Brooksby
Korea Seoul South Mission
29 wiryeseong-daero 22-gil songpa-gu Seoul
teukbyeolsi 05655 South Korea




Wednesday, May 18, 2016

It was his birthday... And he wouldn't let us forget. May 2nd 2016

Hey, hey, hey friends and family! Happy May! I can't believe its come already! It's been 4 months already! I can't believe it!

Anyway! Lets talk about my week, shall we? Oh, but first, did you all get to read that talk on following up that I recommended? I sure hope so!!
So last Monday we ate at a members house and shared a message. The brother really liked to talk. He talked for a super long time, and then when he was done he asked "Any other questions?" And my companion and I were like, "Oh good, now we can finish up and go home on time." But then one of the Elders kept asking him questions! So both of us were like "How do we stop it...?" So I kind of just went Sister Brooksby style and when the Elder was going to ask another question I just put my hand up and said "End of the questions!" And everyone laughed and we were able to finish the message. XD

I got sick this week haha I almost lots my voice, but I didn't so it was all good!!
Man a few days ago it was soooooo hot here! And then the next day it was cold. The weather is totally bipolar.
So on Wednesday it was one of the Elder's birthday. He was so excited. He asked us "You know what day Wednesday is, right?" A lot haha and was very diligent in reminding us. XD So we made him a party hat. We were originally going to just buy one, but they were all ugly, so we just made one haha its pretty awesome looking, but we haven't been able to give it to him yet. 
Oh we had our interviews this week! That was fun :) President was telling me about how he had originally had different missionaries in the area I am in now, but nothing felt right until he put my companion and I here. Nice to know this is for sure the place I'm supposed to be!
We met with a member on the Base today. The Army base here is basically like a tiny America in Korea. It's pretty funny. Its also super weird to see so many foreign people! When we are with the member she gave us steak. In Korea steak is SUPER expensive, but in tiny america its just the same as regular america. After the meal she also asked if there was any American food I missed, but there really isn't any. I love Korean food haha. But I told her brownies, so she made some for me :) So nice hehe. She also said if I ever want American food to tell her. So sweet.






The couple missionaries are serving here in our area and they called us up on Thursday and asked if we'd like to go and eat with them and one of the sets of Elders, so we said cool and they came and picked us up in their car. Then we proceeded to drive up and down the tiny streets of Korea trying to find this place we were going to eat at. It took about 25 minutes to drive to the place you can usually get to in 5 XD It was quite the adventure! But the food was good, so it was all worth it. Though we ended up being late to DM and our poor DL had written happy birthday messages to himself and signed our names on them. Its okay, we gave him a bday present and it was all better.




We had exchanges this week with the STLs! I went to the ShinGal area. That's the same area I went to a few weeks back when my companion went to the Koreans meeting. The exchange was fun, we met with an investigator/ member together and taught the Restoration. Oh yeah, haha, the STL I was companions with was new to her area I think, so she kind of wandered Suwon station for a while trying to find the bus to her area, and as it turns out we just had to take the subway haha.






The next day we met a less active, then after that we went to find another house, but my comp got lost again hehehe so we just wandered a bit then ended up just going back to the station and exchanging back. Oh yeah! During exchanges we were on the subway and we met a student. WE talked with her a lot and my companion was like, "Lets take a selfie!" So we did, and then I got an idea. So I told her "Sister, you should send that picture to her!" And so we got the girl's number and sent her the picture. Missionary work sneaky style. :)



So on Saturday we went and visited a LA who's daughter hasn't been baptized yet. We wanted to get to be better friends with them, so we brought cards and played UNO with them :) It was a lot of fun! It was a great way to bond with them. We will teach the daughter as an investigator next week :)
We had an activity with the RS this week. It was yoga. Quite the time. A bunch of older women working out or stretching for the first time in who knows how long :) They all kept looking at me and my companion doing hard poses and saying "Its because they're young!" It was a lot of fun. I'm sore. XD 
That's about it! I think :)

Have a grand week everyone! Love you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment