Introducing Sister Sierra Brooksby...

Hello my beautiful Brothers and Sisters!
I am Sister Sierra Brooksby! I suppose it's that time... Time to write and introduction and tell you all about myself. To be honest, theres a lot to say about me! I suppose the thing you'd want to know though, is where I am serving and when! I will be reporting to the Provo MTC On December 30th, 2015. I will be serving in the Seoul Korea South mission. It's a very exciting call for me and I'm totally pumped to share the gospel with my Korean friends!
For more information about all my adventures, keep up on my lovely blog which will, with great hope, be weekly maintained by my gorgeous mother. So you all soon! ;) Stay strong!

Here is the address you can write a letter to me:
MTC
Sister Sierra Brooksby Mar01-Kor-seos
2005 North 900 East Unit 8 Provo Utah 84602

Mission Address: (After March)
Sister Sierra Brooksby
Korea Seoul South Mission
29 wiryeseong-daero 22-gil songpa-gu Seoul
teukbyeolsi 05655 South Korea




Wednesday, May 18, 2016

Its about our desires. May 16th 2016

Helllllooooooo everyone!
재 사랑하는 가족과 친구들 안녕하세요!!!! 

This has been a great week! And I totally forgot most of it! Well, I didn't forget, I just usually write down in my planner the stories I want to tell when I email, but this week I had no time to do anything, and since I didn't write it in my planner, its hard to tell you what I was busy with!

Actually, gratefully my memory is not broken, so I will tell you what I remember from the week and hopefully not miss out on funny stories. 



Monday was a normal proselyting day besides email in the morning because we had Temple Pday on Thursday. So, we were going to meet the Elders and go sticker boarding, but they Elders ended up doing something and we waited for them for an hour. It was cool, we got to watch this funny guy direct traffic and get upset if people didn't park perfectly. He was quite the character. And then he would talk to himself all the time "Doesn't she know how to drive?" or "She should have gone more to the left." 
Tuesday we met a lot of members and ate with them :) I love the members here in this ward. They're all so cute and awesome. We also ended up waiting at a bus stop for our investigator for about 30 minutes. A few days later on we visited her house and had a lesson with her. She had lost her phone and has health problems, so its possible if she had gone to meet us she would have collapsed and stuff. So hey, if an investigator doesn't show up, don't be down, they could be doing it to save their life! :) Always nice to give the benefit of the doubt.
Wednesday was not exciting, or not exciting enough to report on. We did missionary stuff. XD
Thursday was temple pday!!!!!!!!! YAY!!!!!! We went to the temple, which was awesome, then after we went with a bunch of missionaries from the 2 zones that went to the temple to the Han river and rented bikes and biked for an hour. It was a bunch of fun. I missed bikes. One Elder made the comment about how other missionaries in biking missions would probably look at us biking on pday for fun and think we are crazy. XD True story. On the way back to our area we took an express bus which takes about an hour. A woman got on the bus with her adorable little boy and sat by me. The little boy was quite the bundle of energy! He loved to touch things. So for an hour I helped keep him happy with all the random things in my bag. He also really liked the Book of Mormon and my nametag. I think its a foreshadowing. Haha. Anyway, his mom was super grateful. :) Always good to be an example of Christ everywhere you go!

Friday we met a few investigators and had weekly planning. Weekly planning here is always super interesting because we always get to anticipate the next week, which always proves to be very busy! I love it!
This weekend we had Stake conference!!! It was super fun though because I got to see all the members of the ward I just transferred from. They were all super happy to see me and I was super happy to see them! :) Some of them didn't recognize me at first because of my glasses haha. 
The Saturday session was mostly filled with babysitting! Not really, but we sat next to an RC who has 2 daughters with lots of energy!! I also sang 'Amazing Grace' in the Saturday session. 
Sunday morning all the 8 sisters in the stake stood by the doors and said hello to everyone as they came in. The members loved it :) So cute!!! One sister came up to me and her husband asked "Are you the one that sang yesterday?" And I said yes. And the sister just stared at me for a very long time and then said "Can't you sing again for me? I want to hear you sing again." It was so sweet. :) The members here are so nice~

That's about what I have to report! Life is good, the work is great. :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment