Introducing Sister Sierra Brooksby...

Hello my beautiful Brothers and Sisters!
I am Sister Sierra Brooksby! I suppose it's that time... Time to write and introduction and tell you all about myself. To be honest, theres a lot to say about me! I suppose the thing you'd want to know though, is where I am serving and when! I will be reporting to the Provo MTC On December 30th, 2015. I will be serving in the Seoul Korea South mission. It's a very exciting call for me and I'm totally pumped to share the gospel with my Korean friends!
For more information about all my adventures, keep up on my lovely blog which will, with great hope, be weekly maintained by my gorgeous mother. So you all soon! ;) Stay strong!

Here is the address you can write a letter to me:
MTC
Sister Sierra Brooksby Mar01-Kor-seos
2005 North 900 East Unit 8 Provo Utah 84602

Mission Address: (After March)
Sister Sierra Brooksby
Korea Seoul South Mission
29 wiryeseong-daero 22-gil songpa-gu Seoul
teukbyeolsi 05655 South Korea




Monday, April 11, 2016

The first (Real) transfer call

Lets be honest folks, especially all those of you who actually served missions: The first transfer call that comes isn't the real one. Training lasts 12 weeks, and halfway through someone calls to remind you that you're only halfway done. Of course everyone else in the district gets anxious, and worries, and cries in their pillow, etc, but you know as a greenie its just some random call from the APs who probably want us to do something we forgot to do. 
The real transfer call came this week... But before I tell you the result I will tell you EVERYTHING else that happened this week!! Don't scroll down to the bottom, that's cheating. I love you, but that's cheating.
So! This week we met with a referral and she's awesome, and prepared, and all the icing on all the cake. She may have a teensy 술 problem, but hey, we can do anything with faith. She took us to eat Kimchi stew with her. It was so good. I love that stuff. The owner of the restaurant gave us cider (soda) for free because she's friends with the Investigator, and because she liked that I spoke Korean. XD So cute.
We were visiting a member and her daughter passed her driving test so she bought us all ice cream. Heck yeah. It was so good!!! While we were at that member's house sister Bae got a call from President Morrise about the fact that she can play violin. Apparently a Bishop in a different ward was looking for musically talented missionaries. Ever since that call both of us have been talking about what we would do if she transferred.
We had Zone conference this week, and the STLs asked us to take pictures of our house because we were having a cleanliness competition between all the houses in the Zone. Our house was dang clean. We didn't win, but that's cool. We won in my heart haha. <3
A member invited our district for lunch. He took us to a super fancy buffet place. It was sooooooo good. And probably sooooooo expensive. I ate well. I eat so well here haha.
Ah an Elder in my district is going home this week, so we had a party in English class for him. Bye bye Elder! It was fun, we ate cheesecake. When we asked the other Elders that bought it if Elder Matthews (The leaving Elder) liked cheesecake he responded "I don't know if he likes it, but I do!" We laughed about it. Gratefully, Elder Matthews likes cheesecake.
Sister Bae asked me if I could teach her how to sing. This week we are learning the difference between using your nose when you talk/sing and using your throat. Our activity was to plug our noses and still talk normally to practice control. It was really funny because both of us sat in our chairs holding our noses and talking really funny. XD
This week was conference!!!!!!
I LOVE CONFERENCE SO TRIPPING MUCH AAAAHHHHHHHHHH 
Its like Christmas for me. I'm such a church nerd. ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ

Yeah so this was by far the most interesting conference I've ever had. The first day was pretty normal. Everyone was kind of tripping about transfer calls though. I didn't really think much of it. So GC day one came and went. We both got inspiration for our investigator, and got tons of answers to questions. It was so great. You should all tell me what your favorite talks were! 

After conference the we watched the women's conference with the STLs. They hadn't eaten all day, so they came to our house for dinner then waited there to get transfer calls. We had  a great dinner, and then I sang a song from a musical I was in for them. We all talked a laughed together, I think it helped Sister Fuller feel better. She's been in her greenie area for 3 or 4 transfers now and was sure she would leave. 
Then calls came. It felt like an eternity. 

And the result:
Sister Fuller: Transfer to be in a threesome
Sister Langi: Training
Sister Bae : Stays and her new companion is Sister Morris
Sister Brooksby: Opens the 평택 area. Her new companion will be Sister 황지원

So, yes. I'm leaving 곡반정 area. It carries quite a load of mixed feelings, I'll tell you that much. I really liked it here, but you know I'm also ready to move on and do new things, see new places! The area I'm transferring to was closed last transfer because there weren't enough sisters, and we are opening it again now. So, my future companion and I have our work cut out for us. My future companion has quite a few health problems and has been in and out of the hospital because of her ankles, but according to the report of everyone else, she's a great, really sweet missionary. I really look forward to it.


Time to go investigator hunting!!!!

Well, kind of needless to say, the next day watching Conference was completely different. My whole world was different. I was learning completely different things and feeling completely different things. My favorite talk by far was Elder Holland. That man is a miracle among men. I'm pretty sure we can just consider him the modern day Captain Moroni.
I've included a lovely picture as a tribute to his talk.


No comments:

Post a Comment