Introducing Sister Sierra Brooksby...

Hello my beautiful Brothers and Sisters!
I am Sister Sierra Brooksby! I suppose it's that time... Time to write and introduction and tell you all about myself. To be honest, theres a lot to say about me! I suppose the thing you'd want to know though, is where I am serving and when! I will be reporting to the Provo MTC On December 30th, 2015. I will be serving in the Seoul Korea South mission. It's a very exciting call for me and I'm totally pumped to share the gospel with my Korean friends!
For more information about all my adventures, keep up on my lovely blog which will, with great hope, be weekly maintained by my gorgeous mother. So you all soon! ;) Stay strong!

Here is the address you can write a letter to me:
MTC
Sister Sierra Brooksby Mar01-Kor-seos
2005 North 900 East Unit 8 Provo Utah 84602

Mission Address: (After March)
Sister Sierra Brooksby
Korea Seoul South Mission
29 wiryeseong-daero 22-gil songpa-gu Seoul
teukbyeolsi 05655 South Korea




Monday, March 21, 2016

Here we go round the bus stops Feb 24th 2016

Righy-O! 
Hello family, friends, others. ㅋㅋㅋㅋ
I hope you all have been having a good week, and if you haven't- it probably has something to do with you. XD Just keep up those prayers and such. This week I've learned sometimes we forget what peace feels like until we feel it, and until that reminder comes we forget to ask for it. So take a few minutes out of your day to ask for that peace. God is so willing to give it.
Right, other than that. It's time to talk about my week! Really though, its been God's week. We have 2 new investigators! One was someone I met on the bus, she wants to go to school abroad so she wants to learn English. We met with her for the 30:30 program (30 minutes of English and 30 minutes of Gospel) she seemed to enjoy it and was very open minded about everything. We will see how it goes, but I pray that all will work out as its supposed to and that I will be able to play my part in the process. If those of you at home pray for her I can't say I wouldn't be absolutely delighted! Pray for Sister Kim. :)
Right! So we went to go visit one of our investigators! She's 14 years old and she loves Heavenly Father! Her Dad is a Christian and goes to a different church. We went to visit her with a member but we came from a different direction, so when we got off the bus we weren't sure exactly which direction to go. My comp and the member (also 14 years old) decided to get on another bus that would take us closer instead of walking the rest of the way. The bus ended up taking us in a huge circle for 20 minutes and when we got off we were only 3 minutes closer than we had been before! So, sometimes guys, walking is better. XD
The investigator we visited is doing great. She still needs to find an answer for sure about the truth of the church, but we are constantly trying to encourage her and help her find her answer. Her father will probably oppose her getting baptized, so we also want to work with her on that, but other than that she really is doing so well, and she understands the things we teach her!
Ahhh we also had interviews with our mission president this week. During our interview we discussed the 12 week language program that's been set up here in our mission by our mission president. He made these fancy yellow books for us that have phrases to memorize from each of the parts of each of the lessons in PMG. You have to memorize the phrases by a certain time and then have a practice lesson where you say them. Its a really great book/plan for new missionaries to help them learn Korean faster.
It's not an effective book/plan for missionaries who already speak a lot of Korean. This past 5 weeks I spent a lot of my language study time memorizing phrases. And where I learned some new gospel vocabulary, I really wanted to spend time studying something else.
So in our interviews we discussed the book. President said I could just skip the whole thing!!!! YESSSSSS!!!! I was so happy!!!! And since then I've started the other book TIP (Teacher Improvement) which is a lot better suited to my level of speaking. Great stuffs. 
We met a less active member this week. She has social anxiety and once passed out in church because of it, so its been hard for her to come out, but she really loves Heavenly Father, so we had a lesson with her and helped her with her English. Its been really great, and she has gotten a lot better since she passed out, so she came to church this week! :)
We also met with the 14 year old investigator again, in order to more efficiently explain the need for the Restoration I tied a scarf around her head so she couldn't see and then asked her to take it off only using her head while we continued to teach the lesson using mostly pictures.
Of course she couldn't take it off, and she couldn't understand what the exact message was that we were trying to teach because she couldn't see. So I took it off and explained that, during the apostasy, just like her, people couldn't see. They were in spiritual darkness and because of that they couldn't fully understand the words of the scriptures. We explained that those people couldn't remove the darkness themselves, they needed a prophet to restore the church so they could see and understand. That was why we needed Joseph Smith.
Woo yeah, so one of the Elders in our zone is going home tomorrow, so he asked that we have a special big Sticker boarding activity. It was a huge success! There were so many people there! We talked to a lot of people, and got a lot of numbers for people interested in English class. Some students saw me and the one girl was so excited she said "Oh look at her face! And her eyes! Her eyes are so pretty! Take a picture! Take a picture!" So I was suddenly a model. She took a picture with me and ran off giggling. Girls are so odd. 
Ahhhh so transfer calls came this Sunday. Honestly my companion and I both forgot about it. We are both staying, but the Elder who will just finish being a greenie will transfer. Sad day. Bye bye Elder Roylance. 
In church the ward secretary came up to me and said "Sister Roylance, I heard you're transferring. That's so sad." So I had to explain to him that I am Sister Brooksby, not transferring, and that Roylance is an Elder that's been serving in the area for the past 3 months. Too funny.
Other than that, I have no idea what happened this week, but I know it was awesome! XD
Honestly missionary work is pretty great, and its a lot of fun if you let it. As long as we focus on the right things and continue to ask God for those things we need, he will lead us in the direction we are supposed to go, even if we don't know why. 
Alma 58:10. When you want help, pray. Even in the midst of war when they had hard times, the first thing they did, the thing they always did, was pray. Ask God for the things that you need, then wait and watch for His answer. It will come in His time and it will be great. :) I love you all! Even those of you who forgot I exist.
Just kidding.
You can't forget me.
I'm too awesome hahahaahah XD 
For reals though, I love you all!









No comments:

Post a Comment