Introducing Sister Sierra Brooksby...

Hello my beautiful Brothers and Sisters!
I am Sister Sierra Brooksby! I suppose it's that time... Time to write and introduction and tell you all about myself. To be honest, theres a lot to say about me! I suppose the thing you'd want to know though, is where I am serving and when! I will be reporting to the Provo MTC On December 30th, 2015. I will be serving in the Seoul Korea South mission. It's a very exciting call for me and I'm totally pumped to share the gospel with my Korean friends!
For more information about all my adventures, keep up on my lovely blog which will, with great hope, be weekly maintained by my gorgeous mother. So you all soon! ;) Stay strong!

Here is the address you can write a letter to me:
MTC
Sister Sierra Brooksby Mar01-Kor-seos
2005 North 900 East Unit 8 Provo Utah 84602

Mission Address: (After March)
Sister Sierra Brooksby
Korea Seoul South Mission
29 wiryeseong-daero 22-gil songpa-gu Seoul
teukbyeolsi 05655 South Korea




Monday, March 21, 2016

Sometimes you just need to share the love March 20th 2016

Good morning everyone!!
I can say that because it is morning here.
Can I just say for a moment, I can't remember for the life of me if half of the conversations I've had with people here were in English or Korean?? I keep having "Oh yeah, I speak this language" moments.
Right!
So we were going to heart attack a member who is having a hard time one day, so I had a bunch of red hearts in my bag. We were sitting at a bus stop and the girl next to me looked like she was having a rough... everything. So, I opened my bag, took out a heart and said "I don't really know why, but I think I need to give you this." And handed her the paper heart. 
She looked so tripping happy.
:D
It was so adorable. We got on the bus right after and I looked out the window to see her keep grinning. 
Oh yeah, the next day we went and visited another member. She really doesn't know a whole lot of doctrine, and she really doesn't understand the Atonement. We are working with her weekly now. It feels like teaching an investigator. She always has really interesting questions. This week it was about why God made Satan bad. So, I learned the word in Korean for "Intelligences" and was given the honor of answering her question. XD
We met some old guy on the bus who loves Motab. Cool beans old guy.
Temple Thursday this week! It was great. The Korean session was full, so they pulled all the missionaries out to do an English session, which ended up being in Korean. XD
After the temple my companion went to take an English test to see if she could go to BYUH I waited with the secretary and was going to write letters, but I ended up helping her staple stuff, translate the seminary instruction manual, and chatting. XD
Friday was my companions birthday. I wanted to make her seaweed soup (its a korean bday tradition) but I didn't know how so I didn't haha. It ended up being okay though because we visited a member who gave us the soup and didn't even know it was her birthday! God really does watch out for the small and simple things that will make us happy. We met with an investigator that day and when we taught English she just asked me to read a little picture book out loud in a theatrical manner. It was Anne of Green Gables haha. My companion and the investigator thought it was the greatest thing.  
I made my companion a strawberry cake for her birthday. She loved it :D I was just glad I was able to do something for her.
Saturday I sang "If you could hie to Kolob" and my companion played the violin at a RS activity. 
You couldn't really call it an RS activity though. A lot of the priesthood brothers were there! Including the Elders haha. It was so funny, when they came in and sat down Elder Young looked at me totally confused like and mouthed "I don't know what's going on" hahahahaha 
We figured they just came for the food.
Yesterday there was a baptism!!! The Elders in our ward baptized a 13 year old boy. He's really adorable and awesome! He always comes to English class.
BTW He's Savannah's future husband. Just saying.
His baptism was great though. Super spiritual. :) We sang again. His whole non-member family came and I think they all felt the spirit and really enjoyed it :) It was awesome! 
Besides that, I have not much to report other than that life is great and I love being here!
:)

No comments:

Post a Comment