Introducing Sister Sierra Brooksby...

Hello my beautiful Brothers and Sisters!
I am Sister Sierra Brooksby! I suppose it's that time... Time to write and introduction and tell you all about myself. To be honest, theres a lot to say about me! I suppose the thing you'd want to know though, is where I am serving and when! I will be reporting to the Provo MTC On December 30th, 2015. I will be serving in the Seoul Korea South mission. It's a very exciting call for me and I'm totally pumped to share the gospel with my Korean friends!
For more information about all my adventures, keep up on my lovely blog which will, with great hope, be weekly maintained by my gorgeous mother. So you all soon! ;) Stay strong!

Here is the address you can write a letter to me:
MTC
Sister Sierra Brooksby Mar01-Kor-seos
2005 North 900 East Unit 8 Provo Utah 84602

Mission Address: (After March)
Sister Sierra Brooksby
Korea Seoul South Mission
29 wiryeseong-daero 22-gil songpa-gu Seoul
teukbyeolsi 05655 South Korea




Monday, March 21, 2016

Transfers are more interesting when.... March 6th

The Elder transferring in gets hit by a car?

HELLO EVERYONE!
So! Its been a grand week! Also an... interesting week!

Lets start with this. So, yeah on Sunday my companion and I were planning and we got a call from the APs and both of us were like "Why are the APs calling?" so she picked up and he was like "This is the transfer call" and we both laughed because we totally forgot about transfers. 
Hey you know as it turns out... I'm staying here :) Hehe of course. I'm still a new missionary, so they haven't quite decided to ship me off just yet.
Right right, so we went to visit a member on... Tuesday? Wednesday? Some day this week. And her dog was so adorable! But it also shed a lot. I've been trying to get black dog fur out of everything I own all week.
And this week we've been reading Alma 56-57 with one of our investigators, apparently she really likes the war stories of the Book of Mormon. XD 
Ah yes, and then there was transfers. So originally, Elder Ries was supposed to show up here on Wednesday, but we got a call and it turns out he was hit by a car while standing at the bus stop Tuesday evening and was in the hospital. Fortunately, nothing is broken, but he had shards of glass in both his legs and his left arm. He arrived here on Saturday and replaced the other Elder who had transferred here as a temp until he recovered. He's doing better, but went to the hospital today to get checked out again and to get some x-rays.
Ahhh yes and on another day (I really don't remember which one) we were at a bus stop and we talked to some girls about English and stuff. They were very friendly and adorable. Ahh middle school. Anyway, we gave our number to one of them and later that night she called us and we had a fun conversation in English and it was great and dandy. Then, later that night at the members house we got a call from the number again, but this time it was her mother. 
Her mother was not a happy person.
I think she ate something bad that night.
To be frank,
She was ticked.
So she "Spoke very sternly" to my companion and I about how we can't do things like this, that we are bad people, if we call again she will report us to the police, (Which is funny, because her daughter called us) and that we should be grateful she wasn't taking this any farther. 
Honestly, it would be upsetting if it wasn't tripping funny. It was like some sort of drama! The lady was so dramatic about all of it, it was hard to take it seriously! Of course, we can't talk to the daughter again, but we did give her a great impression of missionaries, so in the future when she isn't under the "Iron thumb" she will be able to talk to the missionaries easily.
Ohohh after English class on Saturday a member asked me to translate something for her son. He's studying architecture and needed his paper translated into English, which was not a simple task because #1 although I like architecture I haven't formally studied it yet #2 I have no idea what the vocabulary is for most of it and #3 It was all super complicatedly written. So! We had some fun translating, and it all turned out alright and such. I hope it goes well XD The member seemed happy with it, and she knew English pretty well.
Ahhhh this sunday was fast sunday.
I broke my fast before we went to a member's house because she doesn't usually feed us, but then she fed us and we ate a lot and were super full. Then we taught a lesson with a member, and after we were going to head home to study, but we were invited to the FHE at another member's house and there we ate again. 
I ate 3 dinners yesterday. XD
I was going to die!

It's okay guys, I'm alive.
Don't worry.

Ahh and after we ate at the members house they asked for a spiritual message, but we hadn't planned one because we didn't expect to go there. I was all ready to just kind of go by the spirit and teach about something awesome when someone said that instead of a lesson I should just sing for them. XD (There were 3 families there at the time)
So I sang "Because I have been given much" for them in English. They all loved it :) I'm glad!
Another member family drove us home and on the way the Brother said "Sister Brooksby, I'm going to have to call the mission president." And I asked "Why?" To which he responded "You're just going to have to serve your whole mission here in our ward so you can sing for us all the time." HAhahahahaha So funny. :D

I really love this ward- everyone here is so great and so nice! There's a member lady here who gives us meat every week! And the members always ask if we have rice, and fruit, and side dishes. So sweet. We hardly have to buy groceries because the members always give us stuff!

And to wrap this whole thing up: 1 Peter 1:6-7
Guys, our trials are more precious than gold. I know that. I've seen it. I've already learned so much here, and I didn't learn it from class. I learned it because I have had hard times, and I have been able to turn to the Lord and I've been able to change. Don't take the hard times for granted, they are precious moments that will make us the people God wants us to be. 

I love you all! I love this work! I love Korea! I LOVE MY SAVIOR! I cannot wait for the day I will see him again. He is my friend, my Lord, and my King and I will always follow him.

Until next week.


No comments:

Post a Comment