Introducing Sister Sierra Brooksby...

Hello my beautiful Brothers and Sisters!
I am Sister Sierra Brooksby! I suppose it's that time... Time to write and introduction and tell you all about myself. To be honest, theres a lot to say about me! I suppose the thing you'd want to know though, is where I am serving and when! I will be reporting to the Provo MTC On December 30th, 2015. I will be serving in the Seoul Korea South mission. It's a very exciting call for me and I'm totally pumped to share the gospel with my Korean friends!
For more information about all my adventures, keep up on my lovely blog which will, with great hope, be weekly maintained by my gorgeous mother. So you all soon! ;) Stay strong!

Here is the address you can write a letter to me:
MTC
Sister Sierra Brooksby Mar01-Kor-seos
2005 North 900 East Unit 8 Provo Utah 84602

Mission Address: (After March)
Sister Sierra Brooksby
Korea Seoul South Mission
29 wiryeseong-daero 22-gil songpa-gu Seoul
teukbyeolsi 05655 South Korea




Monday, July 18, 2016

So Much to do So Little Time July 17th 2016


Welcome everyone to my email of the week! I hope you feel welcomed, because for the next however long it takes you to read this, you will be in my world.
In my world, first off I have to rewrite practically every sentence because I don't speak English very well anymore. I speak only Korean most of the time. My companion and I switch off Korean days and English days, and English days are harder for me!


So, first off we met with a less active this week and ate lunch with her. She has a dog and her dog gets really excited when new people come. Sometimes a little too excited. We sat down to eat and my poor companion's socks got a little wet and it wasn't water. The member get her new socks and everything. It was really funny. XD
We had our first 12 week evaluation last Wednesday. Its just a practice lesson where the new missionary says small memorized phrases in the language they are learning. Sister Park was so stressed, but she did well and it was good. Though our 훌융항 DL and his companion kept laughing about odd things (not about her English) during the lesson! I guess it helped to lighten the mood and not make her so tense. 


On Wednesday night we got home at around 4:30 but for some reason I thought it was 5:30. Totally threw me off, but I got to sleep a little longer than I thought so that was nice. My companion laughed at me when I realized we had more time for dinner than I thought.
 
On the way to Zone conferece on Thursday we took the subway. I kept thinking, "Okay we need to get off at 병점 station." So we got off. But, after getting off I realized that was not at all the right station! So, I thought we should go try and take a bus. When we got to the bus stop there were no buses going where we needed to go! So we were about to go back into the station when someone asked if we were missionaries from the church. We responded that we were and he said that he had moved there 10 years ago and that he didn't think there was a church nearby. So we gave him the Elder's # for that area and got his number so he can start coming out to church! It was a really big miracle! So maybe we weren't supposed to get off at that stop to get to a physical destination, but Heavenly Father surely guided us to a spiritual one! 


Before zone conference we were asked to read a talk from the last GC and prepare a 5 minute talk on how it relates to us as missionaries. There were 2 districts assigned to each talk and one person chosen from each talk to speak. As it turns out, I was chosen to speak XD I started by saying "I thought that maybe since I've already talked a lot this Zone Conference I wouldn't have to talk." Well, I don't actually think that's how it works, because obviously its not, but you know, its worth a shot.



At one point this week (while we were waiting for our DL who ended up being 30 minutes late to do a baptismal interview haha) my companion looked at me and asked "How are you just so happy all the time?" Well folks, I can tell you the reason is precisely because of something else my companion said to me one night. "You just think about church things all the time." And I have to say, my friends, that is why I am happy. There's nothing in life that brings be more joy than the gospel of Jesus Christ. Nothing makes more sense to me, nothing relates better to me, nothing has as much worth to me as the very joyous news I am proclaiming to the people of Korea. Everything I do, every question I have, every path I take, it all has something to do with my Father in Heaven and my Savior. I wouldn't have it any other way.


So! Saturday we joined the RS sisters and made Korean Rice cakes! It was a bunch of fun! Also way interesting. I really like rice cakes. Most people told me it would be hard to learn how to make them, but its actually more simple than you think! 

After the RS activity we had a baptism for our investigator! It was great! All her Primary classmates sang for her. :) Super cute. She looked way happy! My previous companion also came from her home in Seoul to see the baptism. It was good to see her, and odd. Its for sure not the same when people don't have that missionary light! But she's just the same person as before haha.


We made the Han river in our house a few days ago. 
Our washer is now broken. 
It was definitely not my fault. 

So that's my week! Its been lots of fun, lots of hard stuffs, but mostly just great! Keep up life everyone! 

No comments:

Post a Comment