Introducing Sister Sierra Brooksby...

Hello my beautiful Brothers and Sisters!
I am Sister Sierra Brooksby! I suppose it's that time... Time to write and introduction and tell you all about myself. To be honest, theres a lot to say about me! I suppose the thing you'd want to know though, is where I am serving and when! I will be reporting to the Provo MTC On December 30th, 2015. I will be serving in the Seoul Korea South mission. It's a very exciting call for me and I'm totally pumped to share the gospel with my Korean friends!
For more information about all my adventures, keep up on my lovely blog which will, with great hope, be weekly maintained by my gorgeous mother. So you all soon! ;) Stay strong!

Here is the address you can write a letter to me:
MTC
Sister Sierra Brooksby Mar01-Kor-seos
2005 North 900 East Unit 8 Provo Utah 84602

Mission Address: (After March)
Sister Sierra Brooksby
Korea Seoul South Mission
29 wiryeseong-daero 22-gil songpa-gu Seoul
teukbyeolsi 05655 South Korea




Sunday, July 10, 2016

And Thus.. It Begins... July 11th 2016

Hello one and all! Its a long awaited email, I'm sure.

So this past Monday we had shabu shabu with our bishop! It was a lot of fun! Super yummy!!!! I love that stuff. After that, we came home and my companion cut my hair. She chopped more that I expected, but its still long, I'll live. XD 
Tuesday we were going to send Sister Hwangs' boxes and bags, but we weren't sure how early the guy would come, so we went out at 6:45 in our pajamas and got tape from a convenience store. Woot. We actually ended up waiting a long time, so we studied, but couldn't leave till we came. So we did some other things, pushed our appointment back an hour, etc. We ended up just leaving for the appointment, and while meeting we got a call from the guy, so we finished up and had to go back home to meet him there. 
We met a member that night, and while we were sharing a message we heard this big bang/popping noise and smelled smoke! The dishwasher totally flipped out, but thankfully there was no fire. Its funny though, because they never even use the dishwasher. They called someone, but we left before we found out why it did that.
Wednesday we had transfers! We had to go early, so we woke up at 5:30. XP Life. On the way to Youngdungpo we were walking by a water spout in the ground and there were a bunch of pigeons, and since my comp is scared of birds we went another way, but just as we walked past it the water spouted and the birds all flew up and my companion freaked out and ducked almost into the fetal position. It was really funny.
We got there and no one was there yet, so we sat outside and waited. Then other sisters showed up and sister Hwang and I parted and I went with the other sisters who were training to the mission home.


 We all had interviews with the president. Usually we don't do that, but because he's new he wanted to get to know the trainers a bit more and have interviews with us so he would know who we should serve with.
We waited while everyone else had their interviews. The new missionaries came in and we met all of them. It was really interesting because we talked with them and stuff, and after 3 minutes of being with them I already knew which of the 3 sisters would be my new companion. 
After, we went and ate lunch together. I sat across from the sister who I knew would be my comp, and it was funny I had to stop myself from saying "When we get back to our area" while we were talking. 
We got some training all together, split up as trainers/trainees, got more training, came back, and then got assigned to our new companions. It was just as I felt. My new companion is Sister Park. She's 21, from Jinju. Her original mission call was to the Los Angeles, California mission, but she will be here in Korea until she gets her Visa which is taking longer than anticipated, and she hasn't been to the MTC yet. So, when I say I'm training a new missionary, I mean, NEW. It hasn't even been a full week since she was set apart! She's fun though. Working very hard on her English. We are having Sparta over here. XD 
So, we got divided into companionships and got more training. Then, after we got some stuff from the office and headed out! She doesn't have a nametag yet, so she's borrowing mine. We took her suitcases and headed home. We dropped her stuff off, then went to English class. 
Day 2 We got up and worked out. I showed her the 7 minute workout and stuff. Then we studied and headed to District meeting. This transfer our district and one next to ours got combined, so the Ansong Elders were headed to our area. Turns out, they called us and they had gone to the wrong church building! Then, come to find out after we had waited even longer, they tried to head back, but got on the bus the wrong way, and they didn't show up until 2 and a half hours after we were supposed to have District meeting! So that was an adventure! 
After, we ate dinner with the couple missionaries which was fun because they don't speak Korean and my companion hardly speaks English! XD
We had a practice lesson with a member the next day. It was really good for Sister Park to start practicing teaching. 
We met with a less active, 이유진 자매님 who moved to our ward a little over year ago, and the ward she originally attended was in Cheonan! Where Haley served! She even said she remembered Haley. That was way cool!
Yesterday was a really great day! We had 6 less actives at church, one of whom the Elders have been working with for the past 2 months who had said when they first started meeting that, in essence, he would attend our ward over his dead body. Seeing him in church with his wife and newborn baby was picturesque! It made all of us missionaries so happy!

That's about it for this week! We are going to go grocery shopping and take a nap!!!!! 

Love you all!!

Love,

No comments:

Post a Comment