Introducing Sister Sierra Brooksby...

Hello my beautiful Brothers and Sisters!
I am Sister Sierra Brooksby! I suppose it's that time... Time to write and introduction and tell you all about myself. To be honest, theres a lot to say about me! I suppose the thing you'd want to know though, is where I am serving and when! I will be reporting to the Provo MTC On December 30th, 2015. I will be serving in the Seoul Korea South mission. It's a very exciting call for me and I'm totally pumped to share the gospel with my Korean friends!
For more information about all my adventures, keep up on my lovely blog which will, with great hope, be weekly maintained by my gorgeous mother. So you all soon! ;) Stay strong!

Here is the address you can write a letter to me:
MTC
Sister Sierra Brooksby Mar01-Kor-seos
2005 North 900 East Unit 8 Provo Utah 84602

Mission Address: (After March)
Sister Sierra Brooksby
Korea Seoul South Mission
29 wiryeseong-daero 22-gil songpa-gu Seoul
teukbyeolsi 05655 South Korea




Monday, July 25, 2016

And Then.... She Bit Me. July 24 2016

Hello friends, family, brothers and sisters in the lovely world of "Children of God"!
Its been another awesome week here in Pyeongtaek! In fact, its been a week of miracles. Though I cant claim that there were any more miracles than any other week, but I can say I've been working a lot harder to recognize them, which brings more blessings and happiness to this work!


Let's start off by addressing the title of this email. After we got our groceries last Monday we were carrying the bags back to the house. At the stoplight my companion was saying I needed to give her more bags to carry because I had more. She tried to take it from me and it didn't work, so in her frustration, in an effort to get me to let go, she bit me! I didn't let go, but I looked at her for a moment and there was silence, then I laughed and asked "Did you just bite me?" To which she responded something to the effect of my stubbornness driving her to it. So, yes, I was bitten by my companion. It was a bite full of love though, I'm sure. 




Last Monday I made my companion's day. We had a fun time as I had a little mini-performance and sang some Broadway songs for her. She laughed a lot and also demanded I do it weekly. So after we finish here and get groceries I will probably sing for her again. Its really fun and she says it makes her day. Don't forget everyone, its always important to laugh. XD















We were walking to a members house to have a practice lesson with her, and then we started talking with a lady and we walked and talked together, and we passed the members house, and kept walking for about 7 more minutes. Then we finally parted ways and we went to go to the member's house and I got totally lost. We wandered for around 15 minutes before we got there! XD
We got lost on another occasion, we went to visit a member and went a back way to try and get to the apartment, but it took us right past the back of the apartment and we couldn't go through! So we ended up walking another 20 minutes to get back around to where we needed to be! That was fun. Don't trust secret back roads, even if you think they will take you where you need to go.
On another occasion we were walking to the bus stop when I looked back and saw the bus we needed to take was going to pass us, so we ran like crazy people (grinning as we ran) and ended up missing the bus. So we waited for the next one, got on, and the miracle was that there was a girl on the bus we were able to talk to. She lives in the Seoul mission, so we referred her up that way, but it was a great miracle to meet her!
On Saturday we heart attacked a returning member. Her baby boy was sick this week and she was down and out as well. After we heart attacked her house we were walking and we went into a store to get some water when someone greeted us. We turned to look and lo and behold her husband was there! He was taking the baby out for a walk when he saw us and wanted to talk with us. So, we talked with him for a bit and parted ways. Super great!
Yesterday morning my companion came up to me with her skirt in her hand that she had been ironing. With a sad puppy expression she showed it to me, specifically the lovely hole she had accidentally burned in it with the iron. Poor Sister Park! XD 












On saturday
 at our ward gathering the Elders showed everyone magic. There are 9 cards, one Elder left and the observers chose a card. Then we invited the Elder that was gone back to look at the cards. His companion pointed at random cards and would ask "Is this the card?" Until when he got to the right card he would say "Yes" and guess the card right every time. All the observing members were totally bewildered! My companion as well. I played when I was little so I knew how to do it, but it was exceptionally fun to watch my companion and another ward member contemplate the trick. On Sunday as well they played again and even now they don't know the secret. The Elders and I are having too much fun with it. 
Last night we had a fireside with Mark Peterson, a professor at BYU who teaches Korean. He told great stories and talked about how to help Less actives and Inactives come back to church. Our ward sang a special musical number for him (the one we sang for ward conference) and it went very well! 

So in a nutshell, this week was great. We have two new investigators, and are working on finding some more! We are looking forward to the many miracles that await us and know that they will come. If I was to share one impression I've had this week I will share with you a thought I wrote in my planner a few days back. 
"Maybe its not always the best thing we could do, but if we choose a path God helps us along that path because He knows how even that path connects back to the one He originally planned for us." Friends and family, if you feel like you may be on the wrong path, or maybe even just not the BEST path, just trust in God. Trust in your Savior. In the eyes of God any and every path can lead back to Him, we just have to be willing to follow. There is no road too narrow, no street too far, no line too far from the reach of a loving Heavenly Father. The reason the Atonement of the Savoir is so amazing is not because it helps perfect people keep being perfect, its because it helps imperfect people become better. He is the ultimate layer of the stones in our life if we let Him. It won't be an easy path, but it will be His path, so you can trust that as you follow that path He will safely guide you home. 
I look forward to my Heavenly home, but until then, I enjoy my earthly path. I love you all, I hope you have an amazing week.

Love, 

No comments:

Post a Comment