Introducing Sister Sierra Brooksby...

Hello my beautiful Brothers and Sisters!
I am Sister Sierra Brooksby! I suppose it's that time... Time to write and introduction and tell you all about myself. To be honest, theres a lot to say about me! I suppose the thing you'd want to know though, is where I am serving and when! I will be reporting to the Provo MTC On December 30th, 2015. I will be serving in the Seoul Korea South mission. It's a very exciting call for me and I'm totally pumped to share the gospel with my Korean friends!
For more information about all my adventures, keep up on my lovely blog which will, with great hope, be weekly maintained by my gorgeous mother. So you all soon! ;) Stay strong!

Here is the address you can write a letter to me:
MTC
Sister Sierra Brooksby Mar01-Kor-seos
2005 North 900 East Unit 8 Provo Utah 84602

Mission Address: (After March)
Sister Sierra Brooksby
Korea Seoul South Mission
29 wiryeseong-daero 22-gil songpa-gu Seoul
teukbyeolsi 05655 South Korea




Wednesday, June 22, 2016

I'll Go Where You Want Me To Go... Over Mountain? Or Plain, Or Seas. June 21st 2016

Heyyy everyone! I know I usually email on Monday, but this week we had Zone Conference, and we climbed a mountain! It twas a bunch of fun! Got a lot of training along the way. It was really funny because the big group of 40+ missionaries would be sitting, listening to the training, and old people who were hiking would stop and listen, and then ask our mission president who were were and what we were doing. It was really great! So fun what a bunch of missionaries can do when we all gather in one spot! I would send pics, but there's something wrong with the camera, so I may not be able to. Its been odd for a few weeks now :P 
Besides all that, one time this week I was talking to a lady on the bus and she got a call, talked, and then got off the phone and said to me "I was supposed to call my daughter about picking me up, but I loved talking to you so much I forgot!" 
We were talking with a grandma member a few days ago, and apparently she thought I was bad at Korean, so every few minutes she would turn and say "You don't understand what I'm saying, huh?" Then giggle a bit and keep talking, even though I understood 95% of what she was saying. XD She's so cute. I love grandmas. 


In English class this week we had a lesson on Health. We did a role play where one person was the doctor and the other person was the patient, it was really funny to hear what people said. The Mexican elder told a class member who said her stomach hurt because she drank cold water that she should now go home and drink warm water. Super funny. XD
This Thursday was temple Pday! Yayyy!!! The temple was awesome! Another sister and I both concluded that it was the most spiritual experience we've had. 
After the temple we went to the zoo!!!!!!! YAY!!! It was a bunch of fun. We saw a lot of animals. We also got to watch the lions get fed. That was way cool.
We went to visit a less active, but she opened the door and said we can't come in and visit because some people from the church she is attending were at her house "worshipping". That was interesting, but hey, she came to sacrament, so that was nice.





On Saturday we had the grand and rare, and totally weird opportunity to watch Kung Fu Panda 2 with the ward. It was a ward activity and we were permitted to attend. Yeah. It was fun, and weird. Haha. 

On sunday
 we had Ward Conference, and we sang in the choir which was fun. Me and 2 other people had solo parts, which was fun as well. Singing in Korean is for sure not as easy as singing in English.













After church we all ate together. One of the members little boys kept trying to give me a hug, and I kept stopping him. Then he was like "Why won't you let me give you a hug????" And I said "Because I'm a missionary, so you can't." And I don't think he appreciated that response. He also told me he was going to marry me. I told him that he wasn't, so he ran away.

Before mission conference we slept over at another sisters house that was closer to where we needed to go. Sister Hwang looked at the shoes by the door and said "Wow her feet are so small!! Look how small these are!!" And she tried them on and said "Oh wait, they fit me." 

So yeah! Its been a great week! Lots of funness, and spiritual advice, etc. I hope you all also have a great week! 

No comments:

Post a Comment