Introducing Sister Sierra Brooksby...

Hello my beautiful Brothers and Sisters!
I am Sister Sierra Brooksby! I suppose it's that time... Time to write and introduction and tell you all about myself. To be honest, theres a lot to say about me! I suppose the thing you'd want to know though, is where I am serving and when! I will be reporting to the Provo MTC On December 30th, 2015. I will be serving in the Seoul Korea South mission. It's a very exciting call for me and I'm totally pumped to share the gospel with my Korean friends!
For more information about all my adventures, keep up on my lovely blog which will, with great hope, be weekly maintained by my gorgeous mother. So you all soon! ;) Stay strong!

Here is the address you can write a letter to me:
MTC
Sister Sierra Brooksby Mar01-Kor-seos
2005 North 900 East Unit 8 Provo Utah 84602

Mission Address: (After March)
Sister Sierra Brooksby
Korea Seoul South Mission
29 wiryeseong-daero 22-gil songpa-gu Seoul
teukbyeolsi 05655 South Korea




Wednesday, June 22, 2016

Guess Who Ate the Watermelon the Fastest? June 13th

HEYO!
Its summertime! Watermelon time here in Korea! And its awesome! The fruit here is sooooooooooo good! So I'm thoroughly enjoying it. Although one of our investigators gave us some watermelon as we were leaving her house, and I ate it and got the hiccups and they lasted all day! It was funny we went to the post office, and I was sitting, waiting for Sister Hwang, and hiccuping. One of the ladies at the post office must have thought it was really funny because she kept laughing when I hiccuped. XD Nice to know I can provide entertainment wherever I go and in many different forms! :)
We met with a less active member and went and ate Chinese food together. I ate sea slug. It doesn't taste like much, but what it does taste like I don't really want to eat again. XD
We had zone conference this week and the STLs taught us about loving others warmly by having our ZLs put on a skit about how the sun and the wind were arguing. It was really funny. You'd have to have seen it. It was also quite I riot when the Zls showed us a dance that we can do to help us remember how to ask good questions and listen to our investigators, and then they made all of us do it together. Maybe I'll show you guys later. After, me and another sister were talking with an Elder and I found out something crazy. His birthday is four days after mine! The same as like,3 of my really good friends! It was like some crazy coincidence. Cool though. I have 4 days life seniority though, which is always nice.
We went on exchanges this week! It was my first week leading someone in my area. It started off awesome when we took the wrong subway, twice. But hey, it worked out because we gave someone a Book of Mormon! :) Then we took a lot of buses to go a members house and on one we talked to a lady who was very interesting. She also wanted us to take a picture of her with our phone so we would not forget what she looked like. So, we have a picture of a random lady on our phone! XD Lots of fun. 
On Saturday we had lunch with our ward mission leader. When we finished we had watermelon. So I said to the sister "Want to know one of my hidden talents?" And she asked what it was, so I said "I can eat a watermelon slice in less than 3 seconds." And she got excited and demanded I show her. And then she asked two of the other Elders in the district to race with me. My companion videoed, and then we started. And in less than three seconds my slice was magically gone! The Elder who was sitting next to me looked up, looked at my watermelon, and said "What just happened??" The DL was just like "Whoa, whoa, whoa! That was so cool!" The Elder next to me said "I didn't see what happen, I just heard the noise." The ward mission leader got a big kick out of it.
Watermelon eating. Its a talent. 
Another time, I was on the bus, and a lady sat down next to me. I started talking to her about church and English and things. She wants us to go teach her sons the Gospel and teach her English. She gave me some Korean popcorn. Score! 
Later on I was on the subway and talked to a Buddhist lady who was coming back from being at the temple thingy. We talked a lot about families and stuff. She seemed to like me, because when I had to leave she took my hand, kissed it, and said "I love you, I love you." So yeah. I could have done without the hand kissing, but hey I appreciate the thought! Nice to know I can be loved after 10 minutes of conversation! 
Our recently baptized investigator was confirmed yesterday! Her non member mom came as well!
We had a fireside yesterday for our mission president who will be leaving on the 28th. :'( Its sad to see him and his wife go! We all love him so much! We sang for him, it was a great experience! 
One of the members drove us back from the fireside. Their two sons like to sing non-churchy songs while we are in the car, so I took action to capture their attention and prevent them from singing! I proceeded to tell them my Mom's horror/adventure stories from her mission and they were fascinated the whole way home. When I had to leave the younger son asked "Sister, when we meet again, can you tell all those stories and more?" Super funny. 

No comments:

Post a Comment