Introducing Sister Sierra Brooksby...

Hello my beautiful Brothers and Sisters!
I am Sister Sierra Brooksby! I suppose it's that time... Time to write and introduction and tell you all about myself. To be honest, theres a lot to say about me! I suppose the thing you'd want to know though, is where I am serving and when! I will be reporting to the Provo MTC On December 30th, 2015. I will be serving in the Seoul Korea South mission. It's a very exciting call for me and I'm totally pumped to share the gospel with my Korean friends!
For more information about all my adventures, keep up on my lovely blog which will, with great hope, be weekly maintained by my gorgeous mother. So you all soon! ;) Stay strong!

Here is the address you can write a letter to me:
MTC
Sister Sierra Brooksby Mar01-Kor-seos
2005 North 900 East Unit 8 Provo Utah 84602

Mission Address: (After March)
Sister Sierra Brooksby
Korea Seoul South Mission
29 wiryeseong-daero 22-gil songpa-gu Seoul
teukbyeolsi 05655 South Korea




Sunday, April 2, 2017

Its Always Almost Monday 4/2/1/7

Hello everyone!!!!
How are you all? I assume your great! Why? Because I read in studies this morning that "We truly have every reason to be optimistic and happy." Which I must say, I believe with all my heart! I have spent over a year of my life on a mission now, and I have gone through a lot of things. I have had really great weeks, and really not so great moments, and rough days, and joyful hours. Despite whatever circumstance I have been in though, I have made the choice that under it all I will ultimately be positive and happy! Optimism, positivity, patience, etc can all be elements of, and increase, our faith. Imagine how beautiful and bright the world would be if every rainy day meant to us personally that the flowers would be brighter and grass would grow greener, and not just that "I can't believe we will have to take an umbrella with us today." Please DANCE IN THE RAIN! The rain will dance with you. 
Personally, I love the rain. 
Annnyyyy ways. About my week.
Last Tuesday my companion and I were walking home from visiting a member and she said "Sister Brooksby, guess what? Its almost Monday!" Keep in mind, this was a Tuesday. She proceeded to explain that because of all the things we had to do last week, meetings, lessons, exchanges, etc that by the time it was all over, it would be Mondayagain. I laughed. Partly because it was true. And what do you know folks?
Its Monday.
We had a great Zone Conference this week~ Lots of good advice and impressions from the spirit! Our mission mom even taught us how to make a lot of good food with sweet potatoes! BTW Korean sweet potatoes are good. Very good. When I go back to America don't expect me to eat the sweet potatoes.  He he. 
We were walking past a lady who was dragging a big cart with lots of cardboard on it down the road and my companion asked in alarm "Is that her job or her home?!?!" Ladies and gentlemen, brothers and sisters, its her job. 
Probably.
We also had a funny quote moment again when we were going over what happened during a lesson. She said "I'm sorry I didn't stick to the plan." And I replied "Its okay! If you stick to the plan, you're stuck." 
And then we both had to sit in silence a few moments in awe. It was just too brilliant. I can't even handle myself. 
I am ashamed to report we did absolutely nothing fooly on April fools. 






BUT! On Sunday we had a great lesson with our investigator, Sister Jung. She doesn't believe in God, or at least says she is not sure. She said it was hard to believe things she cannot see. We testified to her about the power of the Book of Mormon as evidence of the reality of God, and that the people who wrote it are a great testament because they SAW Him! She accepted our challenge to read from the book. We have great hopes!!! :) 
It is true, we cannot see God at the moment, but we have evidences of Him everywhere! Testimonies of others, the testimony of the spirit, scriptures, modern prophets, the very earth  we stand on, air we breathe, bodies we use allllllll testify to us that there is a creator and that he is divine. I know that Christ is our Savior. I have felt it, I have read it, and with my heart I have seen that that is true. We can all know for ourselves. It is a gift of the Spirit. To some it is given to have a testimony of Christ, and to others it is given to believe on their testimony! There is a way prepared to know, and a time prepared to share! :) 
I think I have some of the greatest proselyting conversations with those who know little to nothing about God or the Savior. I love to share my testimony of their reality, and how it has blessed my life. 
I was talking with a woman on the subway the other day who had no religion, didn't believe in God, and had had negative experiences with other churches in the past. As I testified of the truths and doctrines of this restored church and we talked together I saw in her eyes a softening, a light, and an inkling of a desire to know what it was that made me who I am. Near the end of our conversation she kept repeating the words "Your face just looks peaceful. You look like you are at peace." And it was true. She felt it. 
So it was a great week. Lots of good experiences, and all of them have served to wash away any stress or anxiety or trouble I may have been going through. Truly, our sorrows can be "Swallowed up in the joy of Christ"

I love you all! I love this Gospel!

No comments:

Post a Comment