Introducing Sister Sierra Brooksby...

Hello my beautiful Brothers and Sisters!
I am Sister Sierra Brooksby! I suppose it's that time... Time to write and introduction and tell you all about myself. To be honest, theres a lot to say about me! I suppose the thing you'd want to know though, is where I am serving and when! I will be reporting to the Provo MTC On December 30th, 2015. I will be serving in the Seoul Korea South mission. It's a very exciting call for me and I'm totally pumped to share the gospel with my Korean friends!
For more information about all my adventures, keep up on my lovely blog which will, with great hope, be weekly maintained by my gorgeous mother. So you all soon! ;) Stay strong!

Here is the address you can write a letter to me:
MTC
Sister Sierra Brooksby Mar01-Kor-seos
2005 North 900 East Unit 8 Provo Utah 84602

Mission Address: (After March)
Sister Sierra Brooksby
Korea Seoul South Mission
29 wiryeseong-daero 22-gil songpa-gu Seoul
teukbyeolsi 05655 South Korea




Monday, February 15, 2016

Hot and Cold... Korea!

Hello friends and family! So last week I really didnt get to write much, or to talk to any of you individually really, for that I am saddened, but its already Monday again! Time went by so tripping fast! I honestly have no idea where it went. When time for weekly planning came around I was like: The heck? We just had weekly planning like, 3 days ago. But we didnt. So basically, looking back this week felt like it was 3 days long. But then I looked back on everything we did. We did a lot of stuff haha. XD 



So Speaking of. Because it was the Korean holliday on Monday we had a bunch of appointments to eat with members and my companion spent a lot of time skyping with her family (which was adorable) so I didnt have lots of time to email. Then, Tuesdaywe had a mission conference with 3/6 zones in the mission. It was great! The girls all got to pick out and wear hanboks and we also got to take them home with us. My companion and I were matching. J We learned a lot about record keeping and goal setting, I learned a bunch! I think I learned more in that training than my companion has taught me since I got here!


Ahhh but after the training when we got home we discovered we left the heater (or boiler, in Korea) on and the house was hotter than a sauna! My companion lamented for a very long time haha. We had to open all the windows and everything because we were dying. XD 

Wednesday we visited with the ward mission leader and ate lunch with them. The food was. Something. I recognized the noodles but the slimy stuff. I just ate and didnt ask questions. XD
We also met with our investigator and they gave us food, but we had just eaten dinner so my companion couldn't eat at all, so I ended up eating a ton, and drinking the huge glass of health drink they gave me, and my companions. XD And I ate gross fish stuff like 4 times this week. Ahh the life. 

Oh yeah and I gave away my first Book of Mormon this week, which was great. Proselyting in Korea is no cake man. 


We visited one of the members this week, they live in an apartment with 66 floors so they took us up to see the view! Though it was rainy, so we couldn't see much. And it was night haha. 


Though the real miracles today were yesterday- our investigator's mother (we want to teach her so bad!!) came to church! She came because of a member's invitation, they just recently became acquainted (but that's a whole other bowl of soup right there) and he invited her. She came and she loved it! It was a great sunday! And all the meetings were really great. I gave a short talk in sacrament about prayer and faith. :) One of the elder's investigators came to church as well for the first time! Big miracles this week. The woman who came also signed up for the RS activity to make handbags- more opportunities to get close to the members! Sweetness!!! Its going to be awesome and we expect this week to be just as great (probably greater!) 


Sorry this email probably doesn't make a lot of sense, but hey, life is good! The mission is great, and I'm learning a lot! So, all of the important stuff. :) 


We've also had lots of practice lessons this week with members to help show them how missionary work works. I think its helping to inspire them to want to serve wherever and whenever they can.
For all of you members- do some practice lessons with the missionaries. Invite them over and ask if you can hear lesson 1 (and don't forget to give them food) its a great way to boost your missionary spirit, and to see more of what missionaries do when they teach the Gospel.


I dont remember if I wrote this in the last email, but since we've moved we've had an interesting experience with water....

The heater in the house is great, but every time you shower the hot water comes on for about 45 seconds boiling hot then becomes a slightly bearable coldish warm. Its so much fun!
But not. Though we take shorter showers now. More time saved! Woo. XD We will call the house owner about it today. XD

Yeah Korea is great. I love it here!

No comments:

Post a Comment