Introducing Sister Sierra Brooksby...

Hello my beautiful Brothers and Sisters!
I am Sister Sierra Brooksby! I suppose it's that time... Time to write and introduction and tell you all about myself. To be honest, theres a lot to say about me! I suppose the thing you'd want to know though, is where I am serving and when! I will be reporting to the Provo MTC On December 30th, 2015. I will be serving in the Seoul Korea South mission. It's a very exciting call for me and I'm totally pumped to share the gospel with my Korean friends!
For more information about all my adventures, keep up on my lovely blog which will, with great hope, be weekly maintained by my gorgeous mother. So you all soon! ;) Stay strong!

Here is the address you can write a letter to me:
MTC
Sister Sierra Brooksby Mar01-Kor-seos
2005 North 900 East Unit 8 Provo Utah 84602

Mission Address: (After March)
Sister Sierra Brooksby
Korea Seoul South Mission
29 wiryeseong-daero 22-gil songpa-gu Seoul
teukbyeolsi 05655 South Korea




Sunday, January 31, 2016

A day of faith... is a day of miracles!

 Actually this week I wanted to write about an awesome experience we had! It was either Tuesday or Wednesday and we had planned the night before and we had no one to teach. All of our investigators were either busy for the next few weeks, or dropped. Thus, we needed to spend the day finding someone to teach! 

     In my personal study that morning I had done some reading about faith. I decided if we were going to get any work done it would have to involve a lot of faith. So, I got on my knees and I prayed "Heavenly Father, I would like to find someone to teach. I have faith that if it is in thy will we can find someone." And right then and there these words came to my mind: "Faith is a principle of action, show my thy faith by thy actions, and then you shall be given what you desire." Whaooo! So crazy! It was awesome! So, I shared the thought with my companion in companion study and we both decided we would have a faith filled day! 

It started on the bus. We were headed to have lunch with a member who has a less-active daughter. I sat down across the way from a lady. I wanted to talk to her. And before Satan even had time to whisper a useless thought I was asking where she was going. She was headed home to the same apartment complex as the member we were visiting. So we talked and I told her about our English program. She was fascinated we were doing all this service. We got off at the same stop and we exchanged numbers. She was also curious about missionaries. It was great!

The meeting with the member and her daughter also went well. We gave a thought about forgiveness. The daughter has some trauma from a member of the church before and hasn't gone to church since, but you could feel the spirit in our meeting- I think the message was perfect.

That night we went to find a less active woman. When we found the house and knocked on the door the woman who answered was not who we were looking for. She has a four year old son. We told her who we were and about our 30:30 program. She loves meeting new people and she doesn't know any English, so she was very excited! She agreed to meet a few days later.

So, it was our day of miracles. We have since met with the woman at the door- her name is 김미숙, and she's super nice. Hopefully we can teach her lots! Always looking forward with an eye of faith! Really though guys, if you have faith you can pretty much do anything (righteous).

Other experiences... Really I never have enough time to email! Haha life XD 
It snowed here on Tuesday! It was so great! :D :D :D :D :D :D 
And my comp and I had a tim tam slam a few days ago- she enjoyed it haha I think we need to buy a lot more tim tams today. XD We played Jeopardy in English class this week, one of the subjects wasn't a subject at all- it was eating as many choco pies as you could hahaha it was soooo funny. Elder Karlson had a great time totally failing. 

Ah yeah we also had exchanges this week with the STLs. I went to the 신품(I think) area and my companion was sister Langi- there are 11 kids in her family hahaha. 7 boys 4 girls haha. We sticker boarded that night, and the next day we went to a senior center and answered questions the old people asked us in english. I think my favorite was "Have you ever had a romantic experience in the snow?" When they heard I never had a boyfriend there was quite a shocked/disbelieving reaction. Even my companion was like "No way." Haha I love Koreans. 

Ah a few days back we went to meet with a member- but we took the wrong bus so when we got off at the stop (which was one of many with the same name) we were in the wrong place, so we ended up running-RUNNING- around for 2 hours trying to find a bus stop or taxi. We were kind of in the middle of nowhere haha. It was fun. My companion felt so bad after she bought me banana milk haha. 

Yesterday we got to meet with a cute little 8-year-old who's mother wanted her to understand baptism and desire it for herself before she got baptized. She's such a sweet little girl. And her mom has such a great testimony!

We also got to meet with a 16 year old girl that was a previous investigator back in September who had to stop meeting because she was so busy with school. She is so sweet and innocent, she loves prayer, and loves the missionaries. We taught her some English and had a short spiritual thought about prayer, it went great. Hopefully she will accept baptism if all goes well!! :D

That's about it for the week! There's really too much to write, but it was all amazing and faith building. The last thing I want to say is read Alma 27:17-18. Really, repentance is such a gift. It brings joy and peace if you let it. Learn for yourself the joy of repenting, the joy of being clean and forgiven.

MUCH LOVE!

No comments:

Post a Comment