Introducing Sister Sierra Brooksby...

Hello my beautiful Brothers and Sisters!
I am Sister Sierra Brooksby! I suppose it's that time... Time to write and introduction and tell you all about myself. To be honest, theres a lot to say about me! I suppose the thing you'd want to know though, is where I am serving and when! I will be reporting to the Provo MTC On December 30th, 2015. I will be serving in the Seoul Korea South mission. It's a very exciting call for me and I'm totally pumped to share the gospel with my Korean friends!
For more information about all my adventures, keep up on my lovely blog which will, with great hope, be weekly maintained by my gorgeous mother. So you all soon! ;) Stay strong!

Here is the address you can write a letter to me:
MTC
Sister Sierra Brooksby Mar01-Kor-seos
2005 North 900 East Unit 8 Provo Utah 84602

Mission Address: (After March)
Sister Sierra Brooksby
Korea Seoul South Mission
29 wiryeseong-daero 22-gil songpa-gu Seoul
teukbyeolsi 05655 South Korea




Thursday, January 7, 2016

One week... Three districts? Now Leave the MTC Early!

HELLO!!!!!!!! Hey, hi, hello, wassup friends?
And you know, family.

SO! I am here at the MTC! Wow yeah its been great! So much has happened in so little time!

So I'll go day by day for all those of you who like chronology and details. 

1st:
My Host's name was Sister Foutz, she's going to Texas, spanish speaking :) WE started off, I went into a room and got my tag and mtc access card (It lets you get into the buildings, eat food, and you get $8 on it every Wednesday. Like an MTC pass-of-all-passes haha) and then went to the bookstore to get my language books. I went in, got them and a nice korean was in charge of directing me. When he heard I was going to Korea he said "Hello" In Korean to which I responded "Yes, Hello" In Korean back. Apparently I sounded too native, because he accidentally almost directed me the native way before someone corrected him. :)
Next I went and put my stuff in the room. I live on the top floor in room 435 I think :P 

Then I was directed to the classroom where I met my Cook Island companion- Sister Tuaputa. She actually lived in Australia/ New Zeland for a long time so she has the accent. She also really loves Korean stuff. One quote that does a good job of describing her is when she said "We're companions! No personal space unless you're in the bathroom!" While holding my arm. So yeah, she's cool. She's got a great testimony and she's progressing in Korean very quickly. She knew a bit (like the alphabet) before she came out. 
My district consists of 5 sisters. Us, and a Trio. The other sisters are Sister Campbell from SLC, Sister Alcober from Phillipines, and Sister Arcillia from the phllipines. Because there are no Elders my comp is District STL. Although I'm the senior comp. :P Our stl's are Sister Davis, Sister Muitalo, and Sister Feinga. They're all awesome!


While everyone else spent time learning the alphabet, I kinda chilled. Our teachers and the other Korean speaking missionaries soon learned what Sister Brooksby is all about. I'll give you some quotes. "So, your companion is better than a lot of returned missionaries..." Brother Driggs (YES HALEY, MY TEACHER. DRIGGS.) said that to my comp. "I know she's better than me!" Sister Washburn- my other teacher. I mostly got super blank/ amazed stares from the Elders. It was tripping hillarious. 

2nd day
Alright, so I we had study time and class time and all that mess. Brother Driggs talked to me about how good my Korean was and also talked to me about transferring with the natvies when the come in. (They came last night! :)) We also met the Branch Presidency. President Perriton. Haley do you know him?

3rd day
So I had totally forgot to pack chapstick. So I got it from the bookstore, but when  I threw the package away I threw the lid away with it hahahahahah Oh well. We did lots of study to focus on our investigator which we taught that night. Lee sem was her name. I did most of the talking in the lesson so my comp got super discouraged, but I tried my best to explain how if she has faith it will all work out. We've both learned a lot. The teacher for the natives wanted to have a one on one lesson with me. So he taught me alone which was awesome.

4th This morning we had a service assignment, we cleaned in the devotional building. We went to get sack bfast after but my comp forgot her card so we had to go back to the room and get it. I had another lesson with Brother Kim. We taught another lesson. My comp did better, but she still got a little discouraged after. 

5th
Fast sunday!! Ahh biggest challenge of mtc experience. We had our branch meeting. I bore my testimony in Korean which was a bunch of fun. I didn't feel like going, but my comp wanted to, so we went on a temple walk. It ended up being good and distracted me from my hunger which was great. I also helped one of the Elders translate an email, it was from a roleplay investigator, I was helping him translate it. DINNER! YES DINNER!!! I DIDN'T DIE! We had an evening devotional, which was great. And last of all we watched "Character of Christ" A bednar video. That was also super great. I learned a lot. I have a long way to go. I also met with pres Perriton about transferring with the natives. I've had a lot of meetings like that. With basically every teacher. 
Ah also, out district used to be 28A  but now we are 3D becase of the new year.

6th We got sack bfast this morning, when I went to go heat up my bagel in the Microwave one of the sisters in the trio was about to place her hard boiled eggs (shell and all) inside the microwave. I then proceeded  to save us all from the horrible experience that almost ensued. No boiled eggs in the microwave like that guys. So we went to get the mail (BTW I haven't gotten any, you guys are such slackers. For reals. Dear Elder anyone???? HM? Jk but for reals you should write me.) and my comp lost the paper and forgot the pass. So we didn't get it. We had a sub teacher tonight, he was odd. But its cool. :P

7th So basically yesterday I woke up and the left side of my face was swollen. Yeah. Not sure what to do about that. Its been like that ever since the, I can't tell if its getting better or worse? I'll probably go to the clinic tomorrow. I also had a super hard time breathing yesterday, but hey, its all cool. We also had our tuesday devotional, and then district meeting which was awesome.

That's about the long of the short of it. Oh yeah, and.

I'm transferring to the native district as of 20 minutes ago, so tomorrow I will be in a trio with 2 korean companions. Haha. Woo hoo. I fly to Korea on the 18th of this month. Hello short lived MTC experience!

Yeah, yeah thats about good. 

No comments:

Post a Comment