Introducing Sister Sierra Brooksby...

Hello my beautiful Brothers and Sisters!
I am Sister Sierra Brooksby! I suppose it's that time... Time to write and introduction and tell you all about myself. To be honest, theres a lot to say about me! I suppose the thing you'd want to know though, is where I am serving and when! I will be reporting to the Provo MTC On December 30th, 2015. I will be serving in the Seoul Korea South mission. It's a very exciting call for me and I'm totally pumped to share the gospel with my Korean friends!
For more information about all my adventures, keep up on my lovely blog which will, with great hope, be weekly maintained by my gorgeous mother. So you all soon! ;) Stay strong!

Here is the address you can write a letter to me:
MTC
Sister Sierra Brooksby Mar01-Kor-seos
2005 North 900 East Unit 8 Provo Utah 84602

Mission Address: (After March)
Sister Sierra Brooksby
Korea Seoul South Mission
29 wiryeseong-daero 22-gil songpa-gu Seoul
teukbyeolsi 05655 South Korea




Monday, December 28, 2015

Hello,
I am Sister Sierra Brooksby's mom and, as requested, I am writing you an introduction letter to my daughter.  I am sure a brag letter written by a mom is always a easy thing to ask for.  I am going to do my best to help you understand us and in turn Sierra.

  Our family began in Las Vegas 26 years ago after a successful blind date.  My husband Craig served his mission in the Denver Colorado Mission and I served my mission in the Guatemala City South Mission.  We are foundationally a missionary family.  

  We have 10 children, 7 boys and 3 girls.  Sierra is the 4th missionary in our family.  

Haley served in the Daejeon, South Korea Mission
Tyson served in the Portugal Mission (married a girl who served in Brazil)
Trey served in the Tokyo South, Japan Mission

Now Sierra is going back to Korea.  My daughter Haley was in the mission when the Seoul South mission was created.  It took one of her areas in the split.  Haley is very excited that her sister is going back to those places and people she loved.

Our family has a unique history.  My husband was a developer in Las Vegas when the economy was doing very well.  We also decided to homeschool our children. We had been richly blessed. 

   With that blessing we chose to use the money to touch the lives of others through sharing the gospel with media.  We are the producers of a Movie series called "Liken the Scriptures".  Our children grew up on the movie sets working along side some amazing people.  

We also took our children to travel the world, and tried to teach them the importance of loving all.

Sierra is a product of that environment.  To describe my daughter the best I would use these words;
Strong, independent, confident, faithful, dedicated, loyal, smart, compassionate, driven, cheerful, kind, organized and priceless.

Her talents are; She is an amazing singer, she can cook very well, she is very creative, she can dance, she is very health conscience, she can organize very well and work in systems, she can make anyone happy, she looks for the lost ones to help.  There is so much more. Like... she can already speak and write in Hangul!  She and I started to learn 5 years ago and she is amazing for learning on her own at home.  She has made lots of Korean friends (many live in her mission area) and has been working on the non members for awhile.  

A word of warning:  She protects the weak and helps them to get strong but the strong she expects a lot from.  She doesn't accept excuses for bad behavior.  She has high standards and lifts others to reach higher.  Because she is so strong and capable I learned very early on that you NEVER criticize or reprimand her in public.  She will take it and obey if you let her face it in private. She will be harder on herself and more critical but not overly much.

Ask her to do anything and she will do her best, even if she feels weak in that area.  She wants to obey but she is not a Robot missionary.  She follows the spirit and is amazing at perceiving the needs of others. She and her bothers started a youtube channel called "Molly the Real Mormon" to help her friends here in North Carolina understand the mormons better without having to face to face ask the questions.  Its super fun.  They love making movies!

Sierra is also very familiar with Korea and Seoul.  We traveled all around the country when we went to pick up her sister 2 years ago.  Then we went back this year to pick up her brother from Japan.  We spent a few weeks in Korea then a week in Japan and back to Korea.  

And of course we are already saving money for our trip to pick up Sister Sierra Brooksby in 18 months!

I hope this is short enough not to take up too much time but long enough for you to know us better.  I know you will love and take very good care of my daughter and I Thank you very much for your service.

If you have any questions or concerns please let me know.  Until then...

Sincerely 
Sonja Brooksby

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations I look forward to following you on your journey and pray that you're safe and happy.

    Maggi Martin

    ReplyDelete