Introducing Sister Sierra Brooksby...

Hello my beautiful Brothers and Sisters!
I am Sister Sierra Brooksby! I suppose it's that time... Time to write and introduction and tell you all about myself. To be honest, theres a lot to say about me! I suppose the thing you'd want to know though, is where I am serving and when! I will be reporting to the Provo MTC On December 30th, 2015. I will be serving in the Seoul Korea South mission. It's a very exciting call for me and I'm totally pumped to share the gospel with my Korean friends!
For more information about all my adventures, keep up on my lovely blog which will, with great hope, be weekly maintained by my gorgeous mother. So you all soon! ;) Stay strong!

Here is the address you can write a letter to me:
MTC
Sister Sierra Brooksby Mar01-Kor-seos
2005 North 900 East Unit 8 Provo Utah 84602

Mission Address: (After March)
Sister Sierra Brooksby
Korea Seoul South Mission
29 wiryeseong-daero 22-gil songpa-gu Seoul
teukbyeolsi 05655 South Korea




Sunday, March 26, 2017

You Have a Referral For the Hwagok Sisters? Please Wait in Line. 2/13/17

Hello friends and family!!
This title might seem kind of prideful and slightly exaggerated, but we truly have been receiving a LOT of referrals this week! We meet twice a week with the family that was referred to us last Sunday, and the kids are ADORABLE!!!!! They are the cutest!!!! We love meeting with them~~~~ They are so eager to learn and also have a lot of questions. The oldest boy said a prayer this last time with my companions help and also promised he would pray before he goes to sleep at night~ Seriously so cute~
Also his week we met a grandma and her daughter and granddaughter! The grandma loves her church, but her daughter isn't religious but seems to have interest in the Book of Mormon and the fact that our church is not in fact a man-made church. We will see how that goes! 
I got stuck in bed for a few days this week with a fever and such. Grr. Its cool though, I will send you part of my letter to president this week about what I learned during that time: 
"In other news, I was sick this week so we had to be home-bound for about 2 days. That's not exactly my favorite thing, but I can say it oddly gave me time to think about grace. We aren't perfect, you know? If I was a perfect missionary, I would never be sick, so I would always be able to work, I would always talk to everyone, etc. I've always been a bit frustrated with myself for not being the healthiest of people, and getting sick so easily, but I learned something this week. Christ's Atonement covers everything, from spiritual to physical. His resurrection not only makes it possible for us to be resurrected, but to receive the grace of forgiveness for our physical weakness as well! In other words, the reason its okay for me not to be 100% healthy all the time is because of grace. As I learned and studied about this I had a opportunity to kneel down and thank my father in heaven and Savior for this great gift. Yeah, I'm a sickie (as my dad says it) but a happy one!!!!"
That's about how I feel! I have gotten a lot better, too. I got a blessing and that night I started to feel much better!! :) 
On Sunday we went to a members house to eat, but we didn't realize that half the ward was invited. People just kept showing up! Its a good thing there was a lot of (really good) food!!! :)
It was also funny because on the way in we walked up to the elevator, then I looked at the elders and said, pointing to the stairs "There's the stairs, Elders." And it was a joke, but then 3 of them started up the stairs and the poor 4th Elder who wasn't really up for going up 10 flights of stairs just stared at them. It was quite the sight as they arrived at the 10th floor huffing and puffing! 
We also prank called the zone leader last night and told him I was stuck in the bathroom because the door wouldn't open. (The same thing actually happened to 2 other sisters who lived in the house before, so I may have jinxed myself by doing it) It was super funny!! He was like "Well, we can go help you..." Even though it was like, 10pm. So very nice. At one point my companion was like "BIG PROBLEM! This was all a lie." And he hung up. Then later he called and I said "Hello" and he said "No." So my comp asked "Are you okay?" "No." Haahahah we laughed a lot.
The poor elders we serve with hahahaha.
Yeah, that was the week. Nothing toooo crazy went down. But it was awesome. I do want to share this quote with you though!

"Let us not complain at our friends and our neighbors because they do not do what we want them to do. Rather let us love them into doing the things that our Heavenly Father would have them do. We can do that, and we cannot win their confidence or their love in any other way."

This is one of my new favorite quotes! It says it all.
I love you all! Please do what Heavenly Father wants you to do!!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment