Introducing Sister Sierra Brooksby...

Hello my beautiful Brothers and Sisters!
I am Sister Sierra Brooksby! I suppose it's that time... Time to write and introduction and tell you all about myself. To be honest, theres a lot to say about me! I suppose the thing you'd want to know though, is where I am serving and when! I will be reporting to the Provo MTC On December 30th, 2015. I will be serving in the Seoul Korea South mission. It's a very exciting call for me and I'm totally pumped to share the gospel with my Korean friends!
For more information about all my adventures, keep up on my lovely blog which will, with great hope, be weekly maintained by my gorgeous mother. So you all soon! ;) Stay strong!

Here is the address you can write a letter to me:
MTC
Sister Sierra Brooksby Mar01-Kor-seos
2005 North 900 East Unit 8 Provo Utah 84602

Mission Address: (After March)
Sister Sierra Brooksby
Korea Seoul South Mission
29 wiryeseong-daero 22-gil songpa-gu Seoul
teukbyeolsi 05655 South Korea




Sunday, March 26, 2017

If I Got 1,000 Won for Every Meeting I Went to.... I Wouldn't Actually Be Rich. 1/9/17

Hello everyone!
I hope you are all having a good 2017. I'm still working on trying to write 2017 instead of 2016 all the time. XD 
This week we had a lot of meetings! I feel like a lot of missionary work is meetings.... XD I think its because we need to be reminded so often about how we can do missionary work better than we currently are. XD 
This Monday for pday we made muddy buddies with the Elders in our ward, and our DL and his companion decided to join as well! So we made them and sat around talking about the tribes of Israel. I love being a missionary! Hehehe. That night we went to eat dinner at the restaurant of our RS president, but only us and one other set of Elders came, and she had to go to a funeral suddenly so it was just the four of us at the place, which was awkward so we all sat in funny places on the table to make it look better. XD The RS president's husband was there, so that was helpful. 
The next day we had MLC!! Woo all day meeting with mission leaders! Its always a blast! We have a time to stand up and report on the progress of our Zones, and its kind of funny because I'm the only solo STL so it looks funny I'm the only one reporting on our sisters. :)
After MLC we went to meet a member who had referred her friend to us, we went with her to pick up her friends kids and take them to English class! Twas a lot of fun haha. In English class we played letter games, duck duck goose, and other fun stuff! Its really fun because its just us and the little kids. 
On Wednesday we met with the Zone leaders to plan zone training, and as we were talking our ZL got excited about something. A little toooooo excited. He totally ripped his pants. Super unfortunate, but also super hilarious. I'm laughing right now just thinking about it now. He was wearing a long jacket, so it was okay, but man it was soooooooooo funny. 
Thursday we had Zone training! I was able to give a training about the doctrine of christ, then about maintaining/obtaining the Christlike attitude of humility. I had a really great time talking about it. I've really felt on my mission how much humility really does provide us with power and peace. If we really are seeking only to do the will of God with our lives, then whatever we do we will have His power with us to accomplish that work! I invited those attending to identify a phrase they often think or say that puts them at odds with the will of God and to discontinue its use. I know if you all do that as well it will bring you closer to God, and in turn provide you with the power you need to get through the things you are struggling with! 
Went on exchanges with the Gaebong sisters! Sister Gamayon and I got to wander to find a LA sister's house, and we found it fine ( I was worried we would get lost) but as it so happens, we got lost on the way home! Ha! That was funny XD Except we had to run a lot and my companion was dying! XD She was so nice and patient about it. Its a good and bad thing that I "Adventure!" So often. Hehehhe.
Hmmm I can't think of much else to share, but I love you all and hope you all do great things!!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment